Memory Books!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by kinderkate, Apr 11, 2009.

1. kinderkate

kinderkate Rookie

Apr 11, 2009

This is my first year teaching and I was wondering if anyone had an example of their memory books and what is inside them? Thanks for any ideas!!

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Apr 11, 2009

Shari Sloane has good examples of her memory books on her website. You have to scroll down on the left side of the screen on her site and click on "memory books", it won't allow a direct link. She has pictures and explanations of how she does her memory books.

4. cocacola

cocacola Rookie

Apr 12, 2009

I have done a book in the past where I made pages that highlighted different events in the class throughout the whole year and then had the pages photocopied and bound them together for the kids. It's a lot of work. Last year I decided to try making a slides how presentation and it turned out really well. I used Windows Movie Maker which is very easy to use to create a slide show with music. The parents last year thought it was great and all asked for a copy. It still served the purpose of covering the whole year but was not as labor intensive.

5. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Apr 13, 2009

It's too late to do something like this (maybe next year?), but every three months I have my students write their name and draw a picture of themselves. We did one in September, December, March, and then again in June. I also took a picture of them on the first day of school. I will take another picture the last week of school and make everything into a laminated book.

The front will have the picture of them on the first day that says, "This is me on the first day of school."

The following pages will be THEIR drawings, so that parents can see the progress they have made throughout the year:
    "This is me in September."
    "This is me in December."
    "This is me in March."
    "This is me in June."

The very last page will contain the last week of school picture and will say, "This is me the last week of school."

I hope that doesn't sound too confusing. ;)

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Apr 13, 2009

DrivingPigeon...that's a cool idea.
    When I did mine for 1st grade I put in pages for them draw themselves. Name of school, principal, how they got to school, what they like to do at lunch, fav book, subject, sub teacher, school special, school lunch. Then I did a teacher page.

If I want to more info pm me. I did mine in publisher.

7. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Apr 13, 2009

I do a memory book every year, but am changing it a bit this year. I'm doing a "I am..." book featuring their words and photos. Such as "I am a chef. I have a photo of the child wearing a chef hat and print their words explaining how to cook their favorite food." Other areas include architect, artist, scientist, musician, etc. I even have a "I am a good friend" page where they say who their favorite buddy is, along with a photo of the two of them, but include another area on the page of other people he/she likes to play with. Hope this helps.

8. kinderkate

kinderkate Rookie

Apr 14, 2009

Thank you all for your ideas! These are helpful!!