memorial day

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by diggerdeb, May 24, 2009.

1. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

May 24, 2009

IF you want to be inspired and help someone who needs your encouragement- please check out

www.anysoldier.com

There are so many currently deployed military heros who would love to recieve letters and drawings from children. If you find yourself with "a little extra time":rolleyes: this time of the year-may I suggest having your students write a letter.

Your view and my view of the war is not important. What is important are the men and women in harms way.

Please take a moment to check out this site. You will be encouraged and perhaps motivated.

Any questions? Feel free to email me.

Thanks.

3. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

May 24, 2009

Thanks so much for posting this. I just requested a name and will send some letters early this week.

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 24, 2009

Thanks for the idea! For inspiration, look here.

5. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 24, 2009

I just checked out the site and it is very ... busy. How do I find where to send the package?

6. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

May 24, 2009

Shelly, I clicked on the link at the top that said "where to send" and then I looked at all the names on the left side. When you click on a name you can see how many times their addresses have been requested and how many people they have volunteered to share the letters you send with. I chose a small group of 10 people to start with. After you look over the above items, you give another click for their total address if you agree that you will definitely send them something. Hope this helps you navigate through their website.

7. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

May 26, 2009

Shelly- thanks that youtube video was great.

Mrs M-feel free to email about your hero. I now support about 15 soldiers. This site is addiciting. One of my heros even phone called me last week. It made my day-my week-well, maybe my year!!!!

I invite others to visit the site also. Take a look at the forums. It is a place where you can get your questions answered or just chat.