Meet the Teacher Ideas

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SleekTeach, Jul 10, 2014.

1. SleekTeach

SleekTeach Comrade

Jul 10, 2014

Hey I bet this is already on here somewhere...but what kinds of things should I have going on in my classroom for meet the teacher night...its first grade math and science.

Should I just be there ready to meet the kids and parents, or should I have some activities for the kids?

Thanks

3. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Jul 10, 2014

I would be there ready to meet the kids and parents, but some simple math/science games and activities laid out on a few tables would be cool. Maybe call it an appetizer of what they will be learning about?

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Jul 10, 2014

I leave names on desks, have books on my bookshelf, and leave out a book of letters that my previous class wrote. The new kids then more or less amuse themselves.

5. OneBerry

OneBerry Comrade

Jul 10, 2014

In my experience, this type of thing varies quite a bit from school to school. You might want to ask someone at your own school what they've done in the past. That said, it never hurts to do more than you absolutely have to!

6. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

I use it as a time to mingle with families to allow them to explore the classroom, introduce myself, and hand out a sheet of important information since our Curriculum Night (Open House) is several weeks into the school year. I know some teachers have left parent forms out for parents to complete that night, too, so they're not waiting for them to be returned once the year starts.

7. beccmo

beccmo Comrade

Jul 11, 2014

Our school rotates the students through their schedule on that night. I see parents in 7 minute intervals. Not enough time to do much except give them their passcodes for Edmodo and Remind101 if they want access. Normally don't see very many parents.