Meet the teacher day...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissFroggy, Jul 28, 2007.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 28, 2007

Well, this is SORT of the same... but my situation isn't typical of most people on this board.

Half my class is returning, and I want to do something with them. I was thinking of a picnic on the playfield. I want a great way to send an invitation- sometimes clever and cute. I saw a cute invitation on this board that was a message in a bottle, but don't know if I want something that expensive to send in the mail. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 28, 2007

What about using a picture of them from last year as part of the invitation? Kids (and adults!) love to be in the spotlight.

4. nancyb

nancyb Companion

Jul 28, 2007

Cut the invitation into several jigsaw puzzle type pieces and send to the students that way. Or roll the invite into a cylinder, then put into a balloon. The kiddoes will have to blow up the balloon & pop it to get the invitation out!

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 29, 2007

I wrote this out as an invitation... so now I need something cute having to do with ducks??? Maybe? Most of the kids are 4th graders... I don't want it to be dorky!

You’re Invited to a Back-to-School Picnic with Jessica

Because you are one of the lucky ducks who gets to be in my class again… you are cordially invited to:

Come visit with your classmates from last year, get a “sneak peek” of your new classroom, and have a picnic lunch on the big field with me, and the other returning students

I look forward to seeing you!

Come on Sept. --?, 12 pm
    Meet in Room A1
    (your new classroom!)

Bring a yummy picnic treat to share with the group. I will provide juice and watermelon. Sandwiches, chips, veggies, etc. would be a great thing to bring. Finger foods only!

6. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

Jul 29, 2007

What about typing in "graduation rubber duck" into a search engine and copying one of those rubber duck images?

There are all sorts of rubber duckies themed images and products out there.