Me-at-a-glance page

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by MsTeacher1975, Jul 17, 2006.

1. MsTeacher1975

MsTeacher1975 Rookie

Jul 17, 2006

Anyone have an example or main points to put on this type of page?Any help would be appreciated. :love:

3. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 18, 2006

Is this for a web page or power point? What is this for?

4. MsTeacher1975

MsTeacher1975 Rookie

Jul 18, 2006

This is to hand out with my resume at a job fair. I'm debating a cover letter and me-at-a-glance page. Thanks

5. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 18, 2006

Though I did not make one, nor do I have any tips on how to put one together (I annoyed the career services department at my past university for advice on resumes, cover letters, etc.), I think it would be a good idea to have both. Always better to have more than what you will need and possibly impress them by being so prepared you are offering something they wouldn't of thought to ask for! I always brought along a lesson plan I had done for a course since I will be a first year teacher who will be getting certified through the Alternative Certification Program. Their eyes always lit up when I offered it. Good Luck!

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 18, 2006

On my me-at-a-glance page, I highlighted my student teaching experience, because it was unusual (I did half of it in England), and mentioned the comparisons I was able ot make between the two systems.

I also talked about having a wide range of experiences, that I love music and integrating it into my classroom, etc.