McGraw Hill Letterbooks, Teacher's Edition

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by MorahMe, Jul 11, 2010.

1. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 11, 2010

HELP!! McGraw Hill Letterbooks, Teacher's Edition

I'm supposed to be using the McGraw Hill Letterbooks program with my students this year. For some reason, Title III will only pay for the student editions, even though it's the school's first year using the program. I can't seem to find the teacher's edition anywhere! Does anyone know where I can get one? I've looked through McGraw Hill's catalog, and searched the web, it's as though it doesn't exist, but I know it does!

Ideas??

3. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 18, 2010

boosting this...it's starting to really stress me out!!

4. royalfamily

royalfamily Rookie

Jul 18, 2010

kit contents

Do you have the yellow "kit" box that they came in? Each letter has it's own teacher guide, about 16 pages or so. I think there are 22 or 23 as a few of them are combined. They are red and white paperback. You should also have the cassette tapes or dvds for each one.

5. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 18, 2010

When Title III allowed the school to order them, they only let them order the pupil kits, not the teacher kit. I'll have to go through it when I go into school again later this week and see what there is, but according to the assistant principal, there are only the student work books. I spoke to someone at McGraw Hill, and she said she never even heard of the program!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2010

I've never used teachers edidtions, so I may be off base here.

But how important is it that you have the teacher's edition? What is it that you're expecting to find there?

THe MH rep you spoke to: was she unaware of the ordering program or the workbook you spoke of?? If it was the book, I would ask to speak to a new rep.

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2010

Alice, the teacher's edition has guides for the content, extension questions, and leveled activities for emerging, level, and advanced readers. Depending on the state, it'll also specifically align to the standards as well. They can be really helpful if you're a new teacher, new to the curriculum, or just not terribly familiar with that particular topic/story.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2010

Is is possible that that info is contained in the TE that accompanies the textbook, and not the workbook?

9. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 19, 2010

There's no textbook in the program. The way the program works is that each child gets a workbook for each letter of the alphabet. The teacher's edition has extension activities, how to use the pages more effectively, and tapes to go along with it.

10. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 21, 2010

So now I'm being given the runaround by the company...everyone tells me to speak to someone else.:banghead:

11. royalfamily

royalfamily Rookie

Jul 22, 2010

Beginning to Read, write, and listen

Did you refer to it as "Beginning to read, write, and listen" as I believe that is its formal name.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

Ok, my first job this morning is to hunt through for this teacher's edition. I KNOW I have the Beginning to read, write and listen' cassette tapes-I actually have 5 sets of them. Maybe I tossed a teacher's edition in my 'to be processed' boxes because it didn't sound like a typical textbook (it would be on a shelf already and I know it isn't). Hopefully I have some good news to report. Until then, here are the cassette tapes-they are the first three items on this page. I have several of each.

13. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jul 22, 2010

Royal-Thank you so much!! Now that I have the official name, I do remember seeing it on the McGraw Hill site, but now I can't find it anymore...At least I know what to talk to the next sales rep about...when she gets back from vacation Sigh.

Jem-Thanks for looking for me! I probably won't be on again much until Saturday night, but I'll be watching to hear from you!

14. royalfamily

royalfamily Rookie

Jul 23, 2010

Jem, when you look for them they are red and white paper teacher guides. There should be abou 22 of them as there is one for each letter, with just a few of them that have 2 letters in them.

15. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Aug 31, 2010

I finally, after over a month trying, reached my local sales rep!! It turns out that since my school ordered the student editions through Title III, she can send me a Teacher's Kit FREE, even though the school forgot to order it! It should be here next week!!