May have an offer in the near future :)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kit_kate27, May 18, 2013.

1. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 18, 2013

I just wanted to share my excitement...I went on an interview yesterday in a great district. I ended up staying for two hours, talking with the director and meeting the teachers in the elementary school and then driving over to the middle school to see their program. The director said multiple times that I was a "great candidate", and when I showed her a program that we use at our school she said "I wish my supervisor were here so she could see this". At the end of the interview she asked me if I thought I may be able to schedule another time to come back in (I traveled from a different state to interview), because she's "planning for the future". She said I would hear a decision by the end of next week!

The only thing that may hold me back is that she wants me to start in July but I'm contracted with my school until August 1st. I hope that doesn't keep me from getting the job because I think it's a perfect position for me. Wish me luck!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 18, 2013

Good luck...how much notice do you have to give current district if you leave?

4. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 18, 2013

I've already given my notice. Because I'm moving states and I'm technically contracted through August 25th I had to break my contract early. They've been very supportive and have been totally cooperative in my whole process of having to travel between states for interviews.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 18, 2013

Good luck! Are you the one moving back to AZ? (Can't remember)

6. sunshine*inc

sunshine*inc Cohort

May 19, 2013

Good luck!

7. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

May 19, 2013

Good luck! :)

8. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 19, 2013

Thanks! I'm moving from MA to NJ :)

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 19, 2013

Keep us updated! They sound interested.

10. kit_kate27

kit_kate27 Rookie

May 24, 2013

well, it's the end of the week and i haven't heard back. i'm not sure what to think. they sounded really excited when i interviewed last week, and i know it's memorial day weekend so they're probably busy and excited to get out of school for 3 days...but i can't help feeling like i didn't get it since i haven't heard :/

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 24, 2013

Things could've popped up that delayed the P in contacting you...my school has been NUTS, so try not to take it personally. Keep yourself busy this weekend...hopefully you will hear good news early next week!