May 21 scores are posted!

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by Eki75, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Eki75

Eki75 Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

They're posted, finally! :)

3. veg_guy

veg_guy Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

Thanks! I passed II. Yeah!!! I definitely needed some good news. Now it's onto I and III.

4. Eki75

Eki75 Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

YEA!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you! :D

5. lifecomplicated

lifecomplicated Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

Yeah I finally passed subtestIII after the second try. I am done thank God but I don't need my cset anymore. I changed majors after five months of studying.

6. megereese

megereese Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO! I am in such a state of shock I passed subtest I on my second try. I knew I would not pass subtest II I did not study,just wanted to get my feet wet. Now all I have to focus on is II I have been recieving tutor help for about a week now. To bad I have a job riding on whether I passed or not. Talk about pressure. Congrats to all who passed. If you did'ent please don't hesitate to ask for help.

7. dangerm0use

dangerm0use Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

i PASSED subtest III. after the 3rd time and $216 later i'm relieved that i meet the subject matter requirement. now i can apply to credentialing programs. thanks AtoZ

8. jamoehope

jamoehope Companion

Jun 20, 2005

I passed all 3 tests so I'm happy! :) Good luck to the rest of you and I'll try to frequent the boards more often than I have been! If anyone has questions they can ask me.

Jamie

9. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Jun 20, 2005

Subtest II -check!

I finally passed Subtest II-Mathematics & Science! This was my fourth attempt and I tell you I cried tears of joy! Now, Subtest I and I am FINISHED with CSET! Oh how I needed good news!!! :D

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

Congratulations, nasimi77! I am thrilled for you!

11. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Jun 20, 2005

Thank you. :) I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from me!

12. mudkiller

mudkiller New Member

Jun 20, 2005

Examination: 103 CSET Multiple Subjects Subtest III
    Your Scaled Score: 218
    Passing Score: 220

Gosh darn it. At least, I passed the first two. :) I'll pass the 3rd subtest next time with some studying. :D

13. gabnator

gabnator New Member

Jun 20, 2005

How did you do it?

Hi, I didn't pass Subtest I and I thought I studied so hard. I'm disappointed, but I'm planning on taking the July test. I thought the questions were quite subjective and hard. What materials did you use to study. Thanks!

14. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

A good job of weightlifting BY YOU, nasimi77!

To all who worked so hard and studied so hard and passed, congratulations, and please don't tell yourselves it was "just luck", because it wasn't: it was YOUR doing. Go celebrate, please.

15. twinsmomsam

twinsmomsam Rookie

Jun 20, 2005

Yea!!!!!

I PASSED both 1 and 3.... once again thanks so much teachergroupie, I really think your Zen approach was what I needed just before the exam. I am 2/3 of the way through and gearing up for math and science in September... yikes!!! But today we celebrate!
    Thanks again to one and all for awesome web sites (brain pop is still my favorite), insight and encouragement.
    Sam

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

Oh, Sam, that's tremendous!

17. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

My sympathies, gabnator: that's a hard place to be. When you get your official score report, be sure to look on side 2 - no, it isn't called PAGE 2, because side 1 is all that goes to the districts and credential programs... but side 2 will contain some performance indices that can help you figure out what to do next time. If the chart doesn't make sense to you, find someone to ask. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up, please.

18. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

Oh, mudkiller, SO close - ! If it wasn't just a matter of you running out of steam after walloping the other two subtests, you may find some helpful information for next time on side 2 of the official written score report.

I'd certainly bet on you to pass in September.

19. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 20, 2005

You da m0use, danger!

20. SnowSue

SnowSue New Member

Jun 21, 2005

CSET Subtest II score

I finally passed after 4 times!!! You can do it too!!!! :O)

21. megereese

megereese Rookie

Jun 21, 2005

Hang in there I did not pass my first time either. I am really amazed I passed. I used everything your 4th,5th and 6th grader needs to know in addition to everything you need to know about history homework series american and world( can buy them used on amazon) I checked out books on cd and tape that had to do with history rented documentary videos from the library and only watched the history channel for a month straight. I lived breathed and slept history.

22. dangerm0use

dangerm0use Rookie

Jun 21, 2005

thanks teachergroupie. you're continued patronage of this site, lending your knowledge is indescribeable. does anyone know what happened to Ms. H? she was such a cool person. she contributed alot to this site.

23. mswalm

mswalm Rookie

Jun 21, 2005

WooooHooooo! I passed subtest II on my first try. Now i'm finally done with this stupid test. All i did was study the cliff notes, and do brainpop, and i passed all three on my first try. I cried when i found out, cuz i thought i bombed it. Congrats to everyone who passed, and for those who didn't keep trying, and don't give up!

24. gabnator

gabnator New Member

Jun 21, 2005

Thanks

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. What about the Reading/Language part of the test? I thought I covered the basics, but I need to broaden my study.

25. megereese

megereese Rookie

Jun 21, 2005

I read the RICA study guide but I did not study for this section much sorry.

26. gabnator

gabnator New Member

Jun 21, 2005

Hello, I'm New

Congrats! Any other tips on studying for Subtest I? besides Hirsh books and CSET prep book? Thanks.

27. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 22, 2005

You said your issues were in Reading, Language & Literature... There isn't just one right way to study, but here are some possibilities: Go to the top of this page and do a search (use the button next to "Quick links") for postings that contain words like "morpheme" and "rime" and "syllable" - you should find a bunch, including some fairly recent postings to the CSET-Multiple Subjects forum, that list key terms. Then look the terms up on Answers.com. You can also do this by downloading the Subject Matter Requirements document from the page with the multiple subjects Test Guides and mining it for terminology to look up. If you know anyone who has just taken a class on reading methodology or who has just passed RICA, beg to borrow that person's notes - and pick that person's brains. Another good resource is THE READING TEACHER'S BOOK OF LISTS, a big fat paperback which contains a staggering amount of material that you'd find useful in your future classroom.

28. wendyowow

wendyowow New Member

Jun 22, 2005

Thank you all for your help from this site. After 5 times, I passsed subtest 2!!! I made sounds I didn't know were human.I was and continue to be thrilled. I am done! This was a huge challenge for me. All of you out there, let me be your hope. Keep studying, keep up with brainpop, and just review. When I let go a little bit of the stress and worry, I passed (with all the hard work!!!) So thanks to all!!! And DON"T give up. It's worth all you're doing. PLEASE DON"T GIVE UP!!!

29. forget-me-not

forget-me-not Rookie

Jun 23, 2005

hi...subtest i was hard. the best materails to study from are in ed hersh books what your third, forth, and fifth and sixth grders need to know. i noticed that more questions were in those books than any others on the history and social sicences, however for the english lit part you need to know all of the terminology for things such as figuative speech and hyperboles. you can get this info in the sixth grade ed hersh book, but you will also need to know some of your lit well so you can make connections. example: to kill a mockingbird: civil rights, racism, hostility, and so on. does that help. i happen to be really good in all that stuff, it was the math and science i have had to take for the second time this july. but i really felt prepared from those books, plus they will help you really grasp the subject later when you are teaching in the classroom. have courage! you can do it! :D

30. forget-me-not

forget-me-not Rookie

Jun 23, 2005

mazal tov! i hope i can pass it in july...i will not be able to student teach another semester if i do not pass. i have already lost two semesters over this test. what do you think was different for you the fourth time? i really need help and especially encouragement! :rolleyes:

31. forget-me-not

forget-me-not Rookie

Jun 23, 2005

awesome!!!!!i have gained 30 lbs over the cset and all of the pressure and stress! and subtest two is in two and a half weeks. what do you think was different this time you passed? can you help? :confused:

32. wendyowow

wendyowow New Member

Jun 23, 2005

I have taken section 2 so many times that I think I must have seen all the versions. Familiarity was key. I didn't study in any new ways except that I met with a math tutor 2x. The science was the killer for me. I was too stressed out and I relaxed a little more this time around. The stress and pressure was killing me. Seriously. I know you understand. Just go into it with some peace of mind. You will do it this time. I know it!~ Just lots of reviewing. But don't get stuck on any one concept. Mix it up and know a little about a lot. They just want to know you can attempt the essays and answer a little in a general way. The multiple choice answers are there. Be realistic when deciding. Eliminate one answer right away. If it's difficult to do that, be logical and you can always return to an especially tough question. DON"T PANIC...Breathe through it and don't psyche yourself out. Best of luck to you...Sleep well the night before and eat a snack in the morning and drink water.Let me know how it goes...

33. forget-me-not

forget-me-not Rookie

Jun 24, 2005

as you can see i am not sleeping already....but seriously...thanks i just watched a great subtitled film called mostly marsha...it was really good! thanks for the encouragement!