mattress...have you bought one recently?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by born2teach84, Sep 3, 2006.

1. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Sep 3, 2006

So we went out looking today for a mattress since it is Labor day and they always seem to have the best sales. So we bought a Sealy Posturepedic Sapphire LE Plush Euro Pillowtop I King Mattress. Has anyone bought a sealy before? If so how did you like it? I know this is probably a little late since we already bought it but I wanted to hear if anyone had one. THANKS!

3. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Sep 3, 2006

We have a Sealy we got 11 years ago, we need anew one now but it was a good mattress for about 10 years, now we sleep in ruts. We were looking to upgrade to a king size, but were shocked at mattress prices, I bought a bed & frame in July I fell in love with then went to go buy the mattress and it cost more than the bed, so we are saving for a new mattress, we don't charge anything we pay cash for it, i guess I did not do that good of research when I told matt we had enough money for a new bed, I thought the price I saw included a mattress, I did not know the attress owudl be $1200 more!And ours maybe more because Matt needs a good mattress because of back problems from a wreck he had in December.

4. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Sep 3, 2006

I know what you mean. That is why we have waited so long. I had a bad horse back riding accident and that is why I have so much back pain. We wanted to get a nice one but didn't want to spend three thousand dollars. The hardest part was trying to see which was the best. I would lay on them all and they all would seem the same. I had no idea what to buy and you know the salesman wants you to buy the most exp. one because he gets more money. So we will see how this one works.

5. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 3, 2006

I was in an accident over the summer, and now my back is messed up. As soon as i get my settlement I want to buy one of those sleep number beds. Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

6. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Sep 3, 2006

We are contemplating a sleep nu,ber bed, we are going to go stay, i think inteh Radisson one night to try them out, I think it is the Raddisson that says they have sleep number beds, I will have to check. I hat eto buy one then get it home and 2 days later find out we can't sleep on it.
    Right now we have a tempur pedic mattress cover Ilove how soft it is, it is cozy to goto sleep in but my back hurts inteh morniing after sleeping on it, Matts does ogod though that is why we are considering a sleep number,I have lower back pain.