Mathnasium

Discussion in 'General Education' started by giraffe326, Aug 5, 2007.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2007

Is any one familiar with this? (For those of you going "huh"? :huh: , it is a chain of math tutoring centers). I saw on Craigslist that they needed math tutors at the Mathnasium (I had never heard of it until now) about 3 miles from my new apartment. I have been thinking of a 2nd job, and this would be perfect! I have a math minor. So, does anyone know a bit about it? Do you tutor the same students every week? Do you have a lot of planning? Are you required to work the same day(s) every week, or can you do Monday this week and Thursday the next? Any idea how much they pay?

Thanks for any help!!!!

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2007

Bump.

No one's heard of this? (I wouldn't be surprised, cuz I never had, either)

4. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Aug 6, 2007

I interviewed at one

Hi! I am from Minnesota and I interviewed at one that is very close to my house. I did not get the job so I did not get that much information on how things run. From what I saw and was told you do not work with the same students on an ongoing basis. There is a large table in the center of the room and the teachers just walk around and help whomever they can. I personally work at Sylvan Learning Center. I like that more because you are at a table with 1-3 students. You might not work with the same students everyday or even every hour but I feel a little more connected to the students because I know them on a more personal level.

Mldouglas

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2007

Thanks for the info! I have an interview set up, but it is 9 hours one week and 6 the next. Alternating. I'm not sure if I will make enough money for it to be worth it. If not, I'll probably get a part time retail job...