Math test creating

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TerriInCa, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Sep 9, 2012

:help:

The school I work for did not supply me with the test booklet for my math program, science and social studies. Therefore I need to create the chapter & unit tests myself.

Is there any software you know of or websites that are cheap or free that help with this?

Right now I am using my print shop software and it is VERY time consuming!

I have looked on TpT but not found anything that matches my old curriculum.

:thanks:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 9, 2012

Is your problem coming with the actual questions, or formatting the symbols?

4. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Sep 9, 2012

What I am trying to do is recreate the tests in the manual. My problem is with the symbols and formatting. Also it is 2nd grade so pictures are often needed as well.

5. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Sep 9, 2012

I know there is a program out there because I used it when making some physics tests before. And it was free. But I can't remember the name. I'll try to think of it and come back.

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician Groupie

7. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Sep 9, 2012

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Sep 9, 2012

Terri,

All language arts, social studies, math, and science programs come with seperate test booklets (in fact, my math program even offers an ancillary test workbook that has three different versions of each chapter test). Can't the school order you one for each subject area? All they need is the ISBN numbers for the workbooks and they can ship 'em to you in very little time.

Also, my science program comes with a test generator CD that allows you to make your own tests with the click of a few buttons.

Your school needs to help you work smarter not harder. Creating tests from scratch when there are materials available for you is not allowing you to use your time wisely.

~YTG

9. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Sep 9, 2012

Oh I know! But that is the norm here. They cut costs when ever possible. And this is one of those places. :whistle:

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 9, 2012

If you have Word, see if it includes Equation Editor - that's not the fastest way to format equations, but it does beat doing it by hand. Go to the Insert menu and choose Object...: this should bring up a menu of choices, and if Equation or Microsoft Equation is one of them, you're good to go.

What Equation Editor outputs is a graphic that then drops into your document. There are online equation formatters that do basically the same thing. At one point I stumbled across one of them and posted it for Aliceacc. I'm sorry I don't now recall which. I believe HMM may also have posted something useful, or he may have weighed in on the thread... and since he's posted rather less than either Alice or I, it might be easiest to search for his posts and rummage through them.

11. msufan

msufan Comrade

Sep 9, 2012

seriously, just buy the book yourself if it isn't too costly... check on Amazon and call it part of your $200 (or is it $250?) tax deduction

12. TerriInCa

TerriInCa Companion

Sep 9, 2012

Tried that. Amazon doesn't sell them. I have contacted the rep for the publisher. But the science one is over $50!