Math Praxis 5161 unofficial score question

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Matt Corrado, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Matt Corrado

Matt Corrado New Member

Feb 16, 2016

Hey guys. I took the Math Praxis 5161 last weekend, and after I completed the exam a score of 191 popped up on the screen, which I'm assuming is the unofficial score. Can anyone who has taken this test in the past verify whether the unofficial score and official scores match up pretty closely?

Thanks!
    Matt

3. frteach

frteach Rookie

Feb 16, 2016

For the two tests I have taken (dec and Jan) the score that was onscreen was the official score. I think it is safe to say you passed.

4. Candace Lawrence

Candace Lawrence Rookie

Mar 2, 2016

Wow. You did awesome. Sadly this is going to be my third time taking it. The first two times were both completely different and about 80% of my problems were fill in the blank. If you don't mind me asking, do you remember the majority of the content it covered on your test and how much fill in the blank you had? I am nervous about taking it again and it being the same set up as last time. What study materials did you use? Thank you for any advice!

5. Matt Corrado

Matt Corrado New Member

Mar 19, 2016

I honestly didn't study that much. I do a lot of private tutoring, so I'm constantly reinforcing basic skills. This definitely helped me on the test. As far as the content, it covered a little bit of everything from Alg 1 through Calc. I'd say there were only 5 or 6 calculus level questions, and actually one differential equations question. The one thing I did make a point of brushing up on was my trig, which I'm glad I did! Check out this website if you're interested in test prep material. It's a pretty comprehensive study guide and I think you'll find it useful. Google praxis2math. Good luck!

6. MrsPascal

MrsPascal New Member

Jun 13, 2016

That's an awesome score! Great job!

Would you mind sharing your raw scores for the two sections?

7. Kennedy Tillman

Kennedy Tillman New Member

Dec 18, 2016

Has anyone official scores ever gone up two points from their unficial scores?

8. Ash G

Ash G Rookie

Jul 15, 2017

I have taken the test twice as well and the unofficial scores that I obtained at the end of the test were the same as the official scores. It's probably almost a 100 percent that what you get on your unofficial score is what you will get on your official score. I work with a teacher who took it recently and she said her score went up 2 or 3 points when she got her official score. It's unlikely that it will change but it does happen on rare occasions. I would say it's a better chance that your official score would change if you had a lot of fill in the blank problems on the test. Again, I would say it's rare that your unofficial score will change so don't count on it.