Math Binders

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by Mom2two, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Jun 18, 2009

My friend who has taught K for 5 years gave me the idea to do math binders. Does anyone do this? She said that they LOVE it at her school, and it keeps the kids very focused during calendar time. She gave me some websites to find info. from, but I bet I left it at school. I did print off a lot of the sheets, but I was just looking for other opinions/suggestions.

3. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 22, 2009

Is this what your looking for?
    http://www.jmeacham.com/calendar/calendar.htm
    I am new to kindergarten and I found this through a thread on this forum and I am very interested in trying these ideas. I will probably start with a modified version, only one for two parts to begin with. And I won't start that until at least November, so that my student have time to learn classroom procedures.

4. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Jun 25, 2009

Yes, that is where my friend got it from! She told me that she started out really simple the first month, and then added one activity each month. If I remember correctly, but the last months of school there were games and things that they were doing, also. She couldn't say enough good about the math binders. She said it's one thing that I DEFINETLY have to try this year!