math and ESOL

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by kinderteacher1, Jun 28, 2005.

1. kinderteacher1

kinderteacher1 Rookie

Jun 28, 2005

Hi, I am currently taking a Masters course for Teaching math and we are supposed to write an in class paper about how we can incorporate Math with ESOL children in our classroom. I am a Kindergarten teacher so most of the kindergarten curriculum automatically incorporates ESOL in everything but I was wondering if anyone had any great ideas for the paper, any great lessons or anything else to say. Also, has anyone seen any articles that talk about this subject so I could use them for a citation? I'm having a problem finding anything. Thanks in advance for all the help.

3. karrie723

karrie723 Rookie

Jun 28, 2005

esol

If you look in your math teacher editions there are usually ESOL strategies and activities that you can do with your LEP students. Or you can go to the website for the textbook and look there as well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  4. Sarah Leigh Ann

Sarah Leigh Ann Companion

Jun 28, 2005

My school is an ESL center and we are teaching small group math this year. You might look into teaching small groups and setting up math centers for the students. The program we are using is called Tabor Rotation.