Math 063

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by redbee, Apr 21, 2013.

1. redbee

redbee Rookie

Apr 21, 2013

Hi all, I am new. I haven't found any threads about Math 063 so I thought I'll post my question. I have been out of school for 20 years, needless to say my math skill is a bit rusty. I can do most of the math fine, but Trig and Pre-cal even some Algebra 2 stuff have become challenging to me, not to mention Calculus. I am currently reviewing topics using my high school son's Geometry textbook and Khan's Academy videos to refresh my memory. But I am not confident that I'll pass. What confuses me the most is that the questions are graded from 0-5 scales. So I don't know what to expect in order to pass. 4 questions in an hour sounds stressful.

Thanks for you advice.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 21, 2013

It's pretty much the case across the various states' testing programs that single-subject math written response questions are less about explaining how one could teach an answer than actually doing the math such that the logic could be followed by a fellow math teacher - say, a head of department who likes you and is contemplating assigning you the math class that includes the topic in question but wants to make sure you're comfortable doing the math before making the assignment. So do the math as usual, but add labels/comments to justify the steps.

4. redbee

redbee Rookie

Apr 21, 2013

yes I agree.

Just wondering, did anyone pass the first time? preparation for the test?