maternity leave letter

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by jenybear0804, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jenybear0804

jenybear0804 Rookie

Aug 2, 2010

I will be going on maternity leave at the beginning of the school year, which means I will have a long term sub the first day of school. I wanted to send a letter home with the families just introducing myself and the longterm sub. Does anyone have a nice letter she has used? Thanks.

3. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2010

I don't have a letter, but I wanted to say congrats and let you know that I missed the 1sy 8 weeks of school last year for maternity leave. I was so stressed about it, but it worked out great! Enjoy that new baby and your time off.

4. Mom2two

Mom2two Companion

Aug 3, 2010

I was in this situation twice already! I have a September 13th little boy, and last year I had a girl on October 8th. I started the year both times, but not for long. I included it in my welcome letter introducing myself, and then said something like..."I live in .....with my husband, Chad, and we are expecting our 1st/2nd child very soon. This means I will be gone for a period of time. The long-term substitute while I am away will be..... We are happy and confindent to have him/her with us. I will return to school no later than ....." I have the actual letter saved at school. If you are interested in it, let me know. I'm hoping to go in tomorrow or Thursday. Congratulations, and good luck! Leave school behind you, and ENJOY THAT BABY!!!!!

5. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 3, 2010

Congratulations!!! Enjoy your little one!