Match Card System

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by FLTeacher, Jul 20, 2011.

1. FLTeacher

FLTeacher Rookie

Jul 20, 2011

Hi~ I am a new member. I teach K-1 ASD and I see that a few of you have been discussing a match card system that looks really interesting! I've been off of work since December on maternity leave and now I am trying to get ahead a little before school starts. Would someone be so kind to send me some of the stuff going around? I would be forever grateful!

Jessica

3. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Jul 20, 2011

Hi FL,

Match cards are the brain children of teachersk. I teach k-5 autism (though all but one of my kids are k-2) and have been using this system for 2 years and it is GREAT!

If you are looking for premade match card activities, I have several I could send if you want - just PM me your email. If you are looking for a description of how match cards work, there are several old threads you should be able to search on here to see pics.

4. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

5. FLTeacher

FLTeacher Rookie

Jul 20, 2011

Thank you for all the links!! I sent you a PM with my e-mail, I appreciate it!

6. vallampkin

vallampkin New Member

Jul 25, 2011

Where would I find the posts about how to get started/organized? I teach lifeskills K-2 and I am new here and don't know how to find my way around lol

7. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2011

I, teachersk, the creator of the "Match Card System" :cool: will write a post later today that will give some details and ideas on how to get started. This is something that works for all ability levels, all disability categories, and all budgets. :thumb: That's the best kind of system.

I'll be back later...