Mastery Club Question - Please help!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sandytoes, Aug 11, 2014.

1. sandytoes

sandytoes Rookie

Aug 11, 2014

This year I am going to implement the Mastery Club idea! I have been doing a lot of brainstorming and continually get stuck on one thing. I'm going to have 5 levels of the mastery club depending on the number of points they earn they will move from one level to the next. I want to display which level students are at and move them accordingly. I am going to be doing this with two different classes because I teach middle school. Any ideas of how to display which level each student is at, and making it easy to move their names across levels? or should I just do a chart with all their names...and stickers? that just seemed boring because already do that for weekly tests.

Please help!!

3. HottyToddy

HottyToddy Rookie

Aug 12, 2014

If your school has a football team or a track or some other high emphasis team that students enjoy, you could do a football field and move little football players every 20 yards and they can reach a touchdown or a track with hurdles in between levels and have little runner cut-outs with students' names on them for them to reach a finish line. Move them within each level closer to the hurdle or the yard line as they earn points so they can see the progress in between. Maybe have a little reward at each level they cross and then a group celebration at the end of the term for everyone doing their best.

4. sandytoes

sandytoes Rookie

Aug 13, 2014

Is it best to use velcro then for each little runner? I'm going to have approximately 50 students ---- that would be a lot of little runners and a TON of velcro.