Masters Programs

Discussion in 'General Education' started by giraffe326, Jan 17, 2008.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 17, 2008

I have been looking into Masters programs because I would like to eventually move home and I think this will help me secure a job (I moved from MI to NC to teach.) I want a masters in Reading Education. (I am already certified in Math, Social Studies and early childhood ed). Anyway, UNC Charlotte has a reading masters program, however, they offer no on-line classes. With out traffic, I only live about 25-30 minutes from UNCC, but I would have to take evening classes which would hit at rush hour, making it likely 1 hour + so I really do not want to mess with that after school. Yuck.

To get to my point, has anyone received their masters from Capella University? They also have a Reading Ed program, but I am a bit apprehensive about receiving my masters from an online university. Are there ant disadvantages opposed to a traditional university? Thanks for any advice/help!!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 17, 2008

I haven't heard anything about Capella, but whatever online college you choose make sure they are accredited. Might want to ask your principal too if the school accept an online degree.

4. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jan 23, 2008

Check into UNC online - they have a lot of programs online with different schools that are affiliated with them.

5. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Jan 27, 2008

try strayer university...the have online programs