master's help please

Discussion in 'General Education' started by boogaboo214, Apr 2, 2009.

1. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Apr 2, 2009

ok so i am graduating in a month and i want to start researching schools for my master's i want to do it online so that my kids can have me back.They have sacrificed enough with me working full time and going to school full time and my son is only 18 months old so you get it. neways i want to start next summer after i have hopefully taught my first year. I need to know... what do I need to look for in a college that has an online program, I want my masters in literacy so that is priority number one that they have a literacy degree, what accreditation do they need to have.. I am in tn and the start board of education gave me this website where i can look the school up but would not tell me what i need to look for, there is like 12 different accreditation s that a school can have according to that site but are they all accepted in all states. i am looking at the university of new england in maine but idk this all sounds like to much for me when I don't know what Im looking for. I would just go through middle tennessee state university where I a graduating form now but you have to get a masters in education before you can tack on the extra 15 hours that would give you the litteracy part and it is confusing and stupid..:dizzy::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any advice that anyone has that could help me through this very confusing decision???????????????:dizzy:

3. Muttling

Muttling Devotee

Apr 2, 2009

It's not an on line program, but I highly recommend Lipscomb's MALT program in Nashville.

Cohorts only meet once a month during the school year and you have a 4 week intensive that runs 8 hours a day, 5 days a week during the summer.

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Apr 2, 2009

I am in the process of getting my masters through walden. k-6 reading & literacy :)

5. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Apr 2, 2009

Walden 6-12 Literacy--So far, so good!

6. thechangingtabl

thechangingtabl Companion

Apr 5, 2009