Masters Degree

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pinkdaisy88, Nov 5, 2011.

1. pinkdaisy88

pinkdaisy88 Rookie

Nov 5, 2011

I have just enrolled to get my Masters Degree in School Administration.

Does anyone know where I can look for grants or scholarships that apply for graduate school? I've already looked into the TEACH Grant but I would not qualify since Administration is not a high need position.

Thank you!

3. pete2770

pete2770 Comrade

Nov 5, 2011

Are you already a teacher?

I ask because I know where I live you CANNOT be an administrator until you've taught in a classroom for 3 years...something to keep in mind.

4. pinkdaisy88

pinkdaisy88 Rookie

Nov 5, 2011

Yes, I am already a teacher. This is my first year. I have no desire at this point to become an administrator but I know it will leave me with more opportunities later down the road (not to mention the pay when I retire). Also, the school I am taking my masters through only offered two different degrees-- Education or Administration. Administration was only one class extra.

I'm just looking for any scholarships or grants to make the cost a little more bearable.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 5, 2011

I'm working on getting my second masters for free. I just paid for my first one because I wanted to get it done. (It's a requirement here.)

I'm not in a rush for my second one, so I'm getting it for FREE. Six hours came from a class that not only offered free tuition, but also free materials AND an $800 stipend. So, they paid ME for those two classes. I also earn one free tuition voucher for every student teacher and two free vouchers for every intern. Not sure if that's anything offered around you or not.

One of my friends got her Rank I for free by having student teachers and interns.

Of course, to have an intern or student teacher here, you have to have a minimum of five years of classroom experience.