Marygrove College

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherfan, May 5, 2010.

1. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

May 5, 2010

Does anyone know of this school? They offer an online program that I am interested in, but I don't know anything about the reputation of the school. Thanks!

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 6, 2010

I got my Masters from Marygrove. I am not sure if it is the same one you are talking about. Mine is in Michigan. You can take classes on campus or online. Just another college in our area. Very high reputation here.

4. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

May 6, 2010

I was also looking at their online program, and am very interested! (middle school math masters program) :) I am interested to see what is said.

5. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

May 6, 2010

It is the same one in Michigan. I want the online program as I am in California and that would make one long commute ;). I am looking at the reading and literacy program. Did you like the program, was it user friendly, helpful in your classroom?

Thanks for any info!

6. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 8, 2010

I know many teachers that have completed their Masters through Marygrove. I also know many that are doing it right now. I liked it. Though there is a lot of work none of the work is difficult. Some things were very useful in my classroom and other things were not but I am sure it is like that anywhere. I did mine about 5 years ago. I certainly would recommend it. If you want I can email my friend who is currently in the program and get her feelings on it. Just send me a PM and let me know.