Married couples question...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 11, 2013

if you or both you and your spouse work a lot ...by the time evening comes do you have tips for finding time to cuddle...kiss....etc if one person is tired from their day and is wanting personal time for tv/phone/internet instead of whathe other person wants like cuddling etc ?!

It seems our days right now are work...personal time or working at homd then bed. how do i gst closer if my husband has these especially longer days at work (it varies throughout the yr) but Im craving more cuddle hugging time!

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Sep 11, 2013

sorry for typos...using tiny phone :)

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 11, 2013

Get a bigger couch and snuggle for movies. Or spoon when you sleep. Or institute a no tech during dinner rule ...then light candles and actually have a conversation, gaze into each others eyes...if not every night at least twice a week! You might need to initiate the Canoodling.:wub:

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Sep 12, 2013

I find if I start rubbing my husband's neck or back he relaxes and can focus on us. We are not big on TV or much time online, it is more just being tired after a tough day. Sometimes I am so tired of talking from work, that I just want to sit together while we unwind.

6. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Sep 12, 2013

I was thinking about this same thing, too, so you're not alone. By the time I get home from work, cook dinner, and do homework for my class (when I need absolute silence), I feel like I've gotten to see my husband for like an hour and then we go to sleep!

I think I need to be better about setting a time limit for my homework. Sometimes I don't let myself get done until 9:00 because I always feel like I need to get it done ahead of time. But, then I don't get to spend a lot of time with my husband. It makes me feel bad, for sure!

:hugs: I hope you can find time to spend with him in the evenings. Maybe you two could make time on the weekend to go do something fun together, just the two of you.

7. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2013

We always cook dinner together. It's definitely a nice couple time thing that we both enjoy. We are also going to dance classes once a week together which is a lot of fun and also pretty good exercise! Some days we need more personal time than others, but for the most part we always cook dinner together and eat together. That's important to us.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Sep 12, 2013

With dh getting home at 8:30pm and a 14 month old, cuddling has been MIA at our house. I know he wants more of it, but I am just beat at that point. It's something we def. need to work on it.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 12, 2013

Early morning is good.;);)

10. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 13, 2013

Well I'm not married but I am living with my SO. I'm really, really busy and often exhausted at bed time. My SO is the one who needs more physical affection and cuddling. No matter what, we take about 10-25 mins every night before going to sleep to cuddle, talk, be silly, hang out, etc. It's a nice routine and brings us closer. Even when I'm particularly wiped and just want to be alone and sleep, I can spare 10 minutes to cuddle and chat about our days. Even if I don't feel like it, I loosen up and enjoy it after a minute or two. The only exceptions are when one person is sick, away, etc. It's really nice. :) Candlelit dinners would be great, but sometimes it's just not realistic when I don't get home from work and classes until after 9pm and have homework to do.

It's also a nice way to let go of some stress before trying to sleep, and I think I've been sleeping better as a result. It's nice to roll over and knock out when you've been cuddling and giggling rather than worrying about all the things you have to do tomorrow.

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 13, 2013

I am one of those people who needs a little bit of "me time" when I first get home from school. I've been "on" all day at school, and I just need a while to be "off", even around my hoosband. I usually chill out on Facebook or take a nap or something for a while when I first get home.

Even so, my hoosband and I are very close. We hold hands constantly when we are out, we smooch often (although not usually in public, ew), we are not shy about saying "I love you". One of my favorite things is at night when we're tucked into bed, we have conversations in the dark. We talk about everything and nothing, important stuff and trivial stuff, and it's wonderful. I look forward to those bedtime chats. They help us feel connected to each other. There are, of course, other things that can be done at night in bed (and at other times elsewhere!) to help build feelings of connectedness..... ;)

12. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 13, 2013

This is exactly what I'm talking about as well! We've made this a little routine to get us through the busy/stressful times.

13. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 13, 2013

Yep, when I read your post I was like, Yes! That's what we do!

It's such a little thing, but it really seems to make a difference. Besides that, it just feels good to know that there's one person who will listen to whatever I have to say, even if it's about something as unimportant as potential changes to my chili recipe when I make it next or whatever.