Married couples question!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 12, 2011.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 12, 2011

When on vacation do you book a room with one bed or two queen beds?
    We sleep in the same bed at home but lately I like the idea of 2 beds at hotels since I go to sleep before my husband so he can be up on the computer or read withoit the light in my face and then sleep in same bed when he is tired!
    hehehe he said 2 beds? !?! when ai emailed him the confirm info hehehe...I had to explain that I like the spaceif he is going to stay up anyways!

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 12, 2011

We get 2 beds. Of course now we have kids and we hole up in the same room. But even so, it's nice to sprawl out. It doesn't mean we will necessarily always use two beds, but it is there if we plan to nap vs. read, etc. Most rooms have two beds so I never think much about it anyways.

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

One bed for sure...

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

We actually usually get two, unless its a king like we have at home.

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2011

We tend to get a suite. Otherwise Brian is on a rollaway :)

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2011

We can go either way. I prefer two beds sometimes though because it's nice use one bed throughout the day while we watch TV or nap and then still have a fresh, new bed to climb into at night.

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

It seems we most often end up with two beds and do as Caesar said...one more for lounging and junk and the other for sleeping (together).

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 12, 2011

Just the two of us? King please!

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 12, 2011

If we can only get a room with 2 queens then we still sleep in one bed (we have a queen at home anyway) but a king is always nice. We usually just put our junk on the extra bed lol

11. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jul 12, 2011

King bed. Never 2 beds... that would make me feel like my Great Grandparents who did sleep in two beds.

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2011

Even if you slept in the same bed? My hoosband and I always sleep in the same bed, but I do sort of like having the other one around for miscellaneous daytime, non-sleeping activities.

13. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2011

Now that we have kids, there are five of us...and we either get a suite (like Alice said), or we put the smallest kid on the floor or a cot or a couch if the room has one. Then, we usually split up - each of us sleeps with a kid. When there are two beds, sometimes they are two doubles...and we don't fit well on a double together. So, we each share with a kid, who takes up less space than another adult.

We are going on a cruise in August and had to get two rooms to fit us all. Well, none of the kids are old enough to sleep alone in a room, and the rooms aren't adjoining (they are next to each other, but no door in between), so it looks like DH and I are going to be cruising seperately, me in one room with two kids, him in another room with the third kid.

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

One bed. We rarely stay in the room, and we keep our stuff in the luggage, hidden away in the closet.

15. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 12, 2011

Adults only trip- one bed, preferably king.

Adults/children- suite preferred, but two beds will do.

16. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Jul 12, 2011

When my family goes anywhere, it depends on the type of room we get. One hotel we go to has a 2 room suite so my parents get the room with the king and my 5 siblings and I get the room with 2 queens and a sofa bed and the 4 brothers pair off and my sister and I share the 3rd bed. When we went to Disney we got 2 rooms and 1 room was my dad and the 3 oldest boys and the 2nd room was my mom, my sister, my youngest brother, and myself.

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 12, 2011

I guess I just have bad luck when booking rooms because I rarely am able to get 1 king sized bed. I guess I don't book early enough or something but most of the trips we have taken have had 2 beds in the room (except for our honeymoon bed that was heart shaped. That was the worst bed ever! LOL I almost fell off a few times).

18. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 12, 2011

We get whatever is cheapest and deal with it.

19. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2011

We usually get a king size bed, but will take two queens if that's all that is available. We would both sleep in one of the beds though and just put our stuff on the other bed.

20. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2011

Heck, to be honest, we just go with a cheap room that usualy happens to have two full or queen beds. We're used to a kind at home, but the hotel is usually just a place to retire at the end of a long day and not part of the experience itself (although, if I'm truthful, I actually do like hotels...even just your average, basic room).

21. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2011

If it is just us, then we always get a King but if any or all of the kids are with us, then we usually get a suite or 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each. My husband and I sleep together in one of the beds and my son usually sleeps in the other bed in that room. The 2 girls are usually in their own beds in the other room. Nobody will sleep with my oldest daughter because she kicks and punches in her sleep!

22. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2011

1 king size feels really roomy because we usually sleep on a queen with a dog.

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 12, 2011

I take the cheap choice. We have a king at home, but I'm a restless sleeper, so he sleeps on the couch a lot. It is the same one he slept on when we met. He never slept in a bed until we got married.

Sometimes the room has two beds, and we each take one. Neither one of us sleeps well in one full or queen bed.

24. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2011

I love falling asleep while dh is still up reading or on the computer in the same bed. It makes me feel like he's guarding me while I fall asleep. Silly, but true.

25. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2011

That's not silly. It makes sense. My hubby normally plays xbox in the living room, so I don't feel protected!!! :rolleyes::p

26. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 13, 2011

I am usually the one that is up later. DH and I ussually book 2 beds on the rare occasion that we get a treat like that. He will fall asleep in one bed while I am up on my laptop, or reading, or whatever. Then I will get in bed with him when I want to fall asleep. If our girls are with us, two beds still, and we do as a previous poster. We each sleep with one of our children. :)

27. MrsMikesell

MrsMikesell Cohort

Jul 13, 2011

We do two beds. Then we can decide which is hard and which is soft.

At home we have a Sleep Number - so most of the time two beds work out for us...!

28. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Jul 13, 2011

When only the two of us are traveling, we ask for only one king size bed. I'm normally the one who wakes up early and likes to read. For that, I sit at one of the couches/chairs in the room and read. He usually likes to stay up and watch TV but I can sleep through that.

29. callmebob

callmebob Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2011

Whatever is available and affordable.

30. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2011

We get a king, although we did sleep in separate beds at a hotel once and it was kind of nice. lol.

31. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jul 13, 2011

Well when my husband and I have vacationed, so far, we have always gotten a room with a King Bed and an in-room whirlpool/ jacuzzi! ;)

I wouldn't like two beds even if we slept in one. The clutter and waste of space of the other bed would drive me nuts and I wouldn't like to 'store' things on it either.

32. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Jul 13, 2011

We like the two beds and unless its a king we actually like sleeping separately. I supposedly kick and steal covers. He's a bed hog. Now I'm starting to think separate beds might be a good permanent idea.

33. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 13, 2011

If it's just us, then a queen or king bed. If we have the kids with us, it's 2 beds, preferably queens. Both of my kids are bed/cover hogs, kickers, arm throwers, etc. So my dh refused to sleep with either of them.

34. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2011

I'm a little surprised that so many parents sleep in separate beds when the kids are around. Whenever my family stayed at a hotel, my mom and dad always had a bed and we had the other. I've never known anybody who split up the sleeping duties like that.

35. BettyRubble

BettyRubble Rookie

Jul 13, 2011

Whatever the better room rate is! If they're the same, we go for the king.

36. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 13, 2011

My parents never slept with my brother or me ever and thats okay.....they had their bed and my bro had the other bed and I would get the roll away!

Sorry a little tangent here but I rhink kids and parents should sleep separately...or thats how I plan on it when we have kids.

37. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2011

King room if it's just the two of use...a suite if we're with kids.

38. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2011

We sleep separately (parents from kids, that is) 99% of the time, but there are occasions, usually hotels, that make us share with them. If we get two queen beds, we usually sleep together, and put the two older girls together, with the youngest in the floor or a cot. But there is no way in heck we'd fit happily on a double bed together. So, we each share with a smaller child. And this cruise's separate rooms is a pretty unavoidable situation unless I want to put the kids alone in a room - which I certainly do not.

39. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2011

Since Terri works in a hotel chain's corporate office we get 2 queens or a suite with a in-room jacuzzi, "it good to be the king"
    [​IMG]

40. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Jul 13, 2011

We book a room with one bed. :)

41. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 13, 2011

We always get one king bed. Even with our son (3 yo), we just let him sleep with us or we make him a palette, if there's a recliner or something. I would feel crazy sleeping in two separate beds in the same room!