Manicures, Facials, Massages, etc.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by orangetea, Aug 23, 2013.

1. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2013

I also don't like haircuts, but I need to get them done so I deal with it.

I have trouble with pedicures mainly because I find it disrespectful to have people touch my feet and massage them and everything. I just feel guilty about that; I don't know why! And massages just make me uncomfortable even though they feel nice. I lied actually--I just realized I did get a massage once. My college had free 5 minute massages during finals with clothes on. I had an old gentleman massage me and I was so, so uncomfortable! Never again....

2. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Aug 25, 2013

Yep! I'm in the nail salon every 2 weeks!! It's my therapy lol.

3. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Aug 25, 2013

I don't like getting a haircut either very much. But I feel like a haircut is a necessity, and it's something I can't do myself. Having my nails done isn't a necessity to me, and if I really wanted them done, I could do them myself.

4. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 25, 2013

I love getting my haircut - I love when people play with my hair. Getting it washed is the best part of the experience and my hair dresser and I always joke that when I'm a lady of luxury I'll be coming in daily.

The people who work in these industries are trained in their skills and signed up for the job. No one is making them touch your feet - they've chosen the profession. So, no guilt here!

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2013

I loooooove pedis and massages!

I used to get a pedi every two weeks but can't swing it anymore. I get three massages a year - after the first week of school, winter break, and right after I leave on the last day of school.

Manicures - no point. I beat my hands up too much. I had one facial, which was very nice, and I'd do it again if some money fell in my lap.