Making money off of schools

Discussion in 'General Education' started by stephenpe, Aug 4, 2013.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Aug 4, 2013

3. Global Teacher

Global Teacher Companion

Aug 4, 2013

We have teams of highly paid consultants coming and going. This year it was to train us in Common Core. Next year who knows what it will be for...but I'm sure we'll still need cousultants.

The big bucks are there if you can start an organization that sends out consultants and takes a cut for all of them. I think you need to be connected to the right people to make one of those work.

The consultants we have had have been helpful, but at $1000 per day? It's cronyism at it's worst.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2013

This is not a joke. My district hired a consultant at the rate of $62,000.00 for 20 (twenty) days of work.

I don't know why the parents and other tax payers in my county are not having an all-out conniption fit. We are using books in my school that are thirty years old and falling apart. I had to buy a dictionary for my classroom because the school-provided one was, again, thirty years old and covered in curse words. We have not had a step since 2007.

But we can pay some guy $62,000.00 for 20 days of telling us we're doing (insert something) wrong and not offering any solutions on how to fix (it).

5. joeschmoe

joeschmoe Companion

Aug 4, 2013

No one is doing anything because they're led to believe teachers are the problem. We need more and more training because what we know is obviously not enough.