Makeup users-a silly question

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Nov 8, 2013.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 8, 2013

Do you keep your makeup in a bag, or not?

I have been wearing makeup for...20 years? or so...and I've always kept it in a makeup bag. Recently, I dumped my bag out on the counter to clean it out, and lazily left everything out. I've been doing this for a week now, and I have seriously cut about 3 minutes out of my makeup routine (and when you are pushing the time limits anyway, like me, this is huge). It occurred to me that maybe it would make more sense to get an organizer of some kind, and have it out on my counter.

If you do this, what kind of organizer do you use?

This is honestly one of those silly mindless questions, but I was curious! :D

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 8, 2013

I've downsized my bag to just what I wear most on a daily basis. I wouldn't like the look of leaving it out, but maybe a drawer organizer or basket that can be pulled out and then put away would work.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 8, 2013

I do all my makeup at home. When I'm out, I only carry a small makeup bag with powder, cosmetic sponge, & lipstick/lipgloss.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 8, 2013

That's what I'm worried about...I hate clutter on my counter! But I so loved the convenience of grab, use, put back. No hassle. Maybe a cute little drawer of some kind. Initially I was thinking almost like a desk organizer. It would make me keep my stuff looking nice!

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 8, 2013

I have a drawer in the bathroom with everything in there except my lipsticks, which are in my purse.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2013

I've been keeping my daily makeup in a makeup bag and it's such a hassle to dig through it every day. I have so many beautiful items I never even use because it's all hidden away in a cabinet. I need a big open space so I can keep mine out and grab and use. This was a great question because it's got me questioning why in the world I don't use all the stuff I've spent so much money on???

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 8, 2013

Adding to this, at home, all the makeup's in a nice, organized makeup holder on the bathroom counter

9. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Nov 8, 2013

My makeup is in a bag because there is absolutely no extra space to have stuff out.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Nov 8, 2013

No bag. My daily makeup is in a small clear caddy...it has a footprint of an iPad with small handle tabs that make it easy to put under the sink each morning.

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 8, 2013

I have organizers in a drawer in the vanity.

12. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Nov 8, 2013

I use a desk organizer that has pull-out drawers. It's originally used for office supplies and is plastic so it's easy to clean out. I have one drawer for face, one two for eyes. Eyeliner is kept on the top of the compartment, and lipstick is usually rolling around in the bottom of my purse.

13. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 8, 2013

I don't even wear make-up-it makes my face itch-but I have a ton of it. Go figure. I used clear plastic cups and tiny Tupperware holders to organize mine behind our mirror in the guest bathroom.

[​IMG]

14. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013

I have a kitchen drawer organizer similar to this Bamboo Organizer. I keep it in the top drawer in the vanity & just pull the drawer out in the morning. I like not having to dig around for everything.

15. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Nov 9, 2013

WE have a huge mirror with shelves behind it so I just keep all of my make-up it there.

16. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Nov 9, 2013

Most of my make-up is in a bag. My foundation & moisturizer are in the medicine cabinet. I only have a couple of different eye shadows so it's not hard to find anything.

17. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Nov 9, 2013

I have a LOT of make up. I actually have 4 decorative cups (2 I made out of honey jars and 2 I bought) that I ut my brushes, mascara, lipglosses, eyeliners and lipliners, all separated. Then I have all my make up that I use every day in a small bag that's easy to find things in and I have 2 tiny baskets (like 4"x4") for eyeshadows.
    Every thing else is on shelves or in boxes.
    I have to force myself to put everything away and in the bag, otherwise my make up would be all over, more would come out from hiding and they would take over my bathroom.

18. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 10, 2013

Thank you everyone! I bought a clear plastic drawer organizer yesterday, and I am going to clear out a drawer just for this. It's the little things, that can make your life just a little bit easier!

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 10, 2013

Glad you found a solution! I do keep my makeup in a bag.

20. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 10, 2013

There's an ad on the side for 'butterfly mascara'...so unlike me to poll the group on such things, but I'm off to start a mascara thread...