Makeup Talk

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 20, 2010

In addition to clothes, shoes, bags, sunglasses, etc., I also LOVE makeup! Who else does too? What are your favorite stores & cosmetics brands? :)

I'll pay good money for makeup. I've tried all the brands at some point. I'll usually get mascara & eye liner from Target, but then I pay more for foundation, powder, lipsticks, & eye shadows at dept stores. I bought a foundation stick by Shu Uemura from Nordstrom yesterday & I hope I like it. I usually get Estee Lauder foundation & lipsticks & eye shadows from MAC. I use a mattifier to put under my makeup because my skin's so oily. I like Sephora OK. They have an OK range of prices since they have so many bands (but mostly on the higher end). They could be better.

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Apr 20, 2010

I'm all about make-up.

I started wearing basic make-up around age 12, and it's grown from there. I wear full make-up everywhere I go. I've been wearing it so long that it only takes me 5-10 minutes to do an entire face . . . and that includes washing, moisturizer, and putting in my contacts.

I only use Bare Minerals for their foundation, mineral veil, and warmth. I like Mary Kay for moisturizer, blush, mascara, cleanser, lipstick, and lip gloss. I usually use Max Factor and Maybelline for eye shadows and eyeliner.

I'm 50 miles from any decent stores. I order my Bare Minerals and Mary Kay online. I buy everything else at Kroger or Wal-Mart . . . and I have to drive 20 miles for those.

4. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Apr 20, 2010

Bare Minerals for me too! I've been using for 2 years and my skin looks better than it has in 10 years! I used to use Lancome, clinique and Elizabeth Arden. None of them gave me the natural, fresh look BM does. I use BM moisturizers too. I also have some of their blush, eye shadows and a lip stick.
    I buy mascara at the drug store. I want to try te new product that is supposed to grow lashes but I don't remember the name!

5. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 20, 2010

I also use Bare Minerals, although it took me a long time to get used to it. I tried Mac foundation and broke out so bad it looked like I had a rash. I addicted to lip gloss. I carry at least five with me at all times in my purse. I use Lash Stilletos for mascara.

6. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 20, 2010

I'm another one who uses Bare Minerals! I used to wear Lancome. I really like the warmth once I got the hang of it, and the mineral veil just kicks total booty.

Are the BM moisturizers really good? I'm currently using Clinique, but with the weather change it's getting too heavy for daily use.

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 20, 2010

Have you tried the Clinique gel moisturizer? It's like the yellow one but has a lighter feeling. I use Olay with sunscreen for the day and it's not too heavy.

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2010

Another Bare Minerals person! And I love the boutique in my mall - I always go to the same woman and she ends up giving me a makeover. The only thing I hate by them is their mascara. So I just use a maybelline one - the kind with the coating stuff then the mascara.

I used to go to Ulta when there was one nearby. I like it much better than Sephora.

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 21, 2010

I use Bare Minerals too and I totally love it!:D I use mosturizer by Philosophy -- bought at Sephora.

10. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2010

Funny how many of us use Bare minerals. Teacher-endorsed. lol. We should get a discount.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 21, 2010

I'm continuously seeking products I like better. I've never tried BM. I need something w/ more coverage & from what I've seen, their makeup is too light a coverage. I need a very matte finish too.

I like ULTA for their hair prodcts more than their makeup.
    MAC - Love their lg range of lipsticks & eyeshadows
    Estee Lauder - Used double matte foundation for yrs & still do

For face powder, I'm still seeking, but like NARS & Sephora brand
    Mascara & eye liner, I'll get at Target. I like L'Oreal.

Laura Gellar mks a pretty good mattifying cream for those w/ oily skin like me. But, I'm currently trying Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil control Makeup Setting Spray.

12. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Apr 21, 2010

The wife made me go buy make up for her at Walmart the other day. I actually found the foundation she wanted. I dont think many men realize all the different kinds of war paint they sell to women for that "look".

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2010

BM just came out with a Matte foundation, I think this fall or winter.

Then if you get the kabuki brush, it gives a lot of coverage.

14. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

Apr 21, 2010

I was just going to say the same thing! I love my BM!!!! :)

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 21, 2010

Thanks, I'll check it out.

16. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Apr 21, 2010

I have very oily skin and Bare Minerals work much better for me than liquid foundation.

17. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Apr 21, 2010

Yes, I have tried that before. I liked it a lot, too. However, I'm mostly interested in natural/organic products anymore. :)

18. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Apr 21, 2010

Even with the matte finish and the khabuki brush, I didn't get very good coverage with BM. I'm trying Mary Kay currently. I love their timewise skin care system!

19. royalfamily

royalfamily Rookie

Apr 22, 2010

Bobbi Brown

I love the Bobbi Brown makeup. It's a little pricey, but worth it. My favorites are the corrector cream (it really works!) Also the gel eye liner. It goes on with a brush, and lasts ALL day!