Makes you think.... Every generation blames the one before ...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Irishdave, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Feb 10, 2011

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 10, 2011

I love Mike and the Mechanics...that's a sad song...I let the people I love know how I feel about them. Too many people live with regrets, Dave. Today is a gift...that's why the call it the 'present'. Make the most of it.

4. Cerek

Cerek Aficionado

Feb 10, 2011

That is a beautiful song that reminds us to let our loved ones know just how much we love them every day.

5. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 10, 2011

Your today is a gift saying reminds me of a wise saying that was in the Movie Kung Fu panda. It's a a play off of what you already said... but it is so true.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it's called the present." Everytime I hear the old wise tortoise in the movie say that, I tear up. :blush:

6. Lindager

Lindager Companion

Feb 10, 2011

Thank You for posting that I needed the reminder. I love my mother she can be very difficult but she is 80 now so I know I will not have her around for ever.I always tell her I love her and try to show it too.

The song also reminded me I need to see thingd from my children and grandaughters side too. Sometimes when I talk to them I just don't know where they are coming from. They like music very loud and it sounds like the singers are just screaming. They wear clothes I don't understand and the language is strange so much Dude and chilaxin.

Then I think back to my teenage days when we said things like make love not war and talked about flower power. We listened to strange music like "The Who" and "Those Beatles" who sang in a way that sounded like screaming to my mother. We also wore some really wierd clothes like tie dyed shirts and bell bottom jeans and oh we can't forget Nehru jackets and Love beads.

So I guess every generation is different and we all blame the new or old or just different generation for being wrong and causing all the problems.

I will try to be more patient with all the "other" generations I deal with every day and appreciate the time I have with each.

I know I kind of gave away my age, but you are as young as you feel and I had fun with a second grade class today so I feel young. LOL

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 10, 2011

That song actually helped mend fences with me and my dad after years of not trying to understand each other. Thanks.