make/take with Mr. Wiggle's Book

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by wannateachintx, Nov 11, 2009.

1. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Nov 11, 2009

We are having a family reading night in a couple of days and I really want to read Mr. Wiggle's book. What can I do as far as a make/take activity? Thanks!

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 14, 2009

I would start by identifying the learning goal for the family night. Do you want the parents to learn how to read to their children? Or do you want the parents to learn how to help their children care for books? What will be the purpose for the make and take? Will the parents be making something that they will use to help their child learn at home? If so, what will that something be? Or will they be making an art project to go with the book Mr. Wiggles? I would examine all these things first and then select a book title.

4. forkids

forkids Cohort

Nov 15, 2009

I might choose another book as well. But, if you want the families to help students practice how to take care of books, maybe you could have them make a caterpillar/worm like Mr. Wiggle. Have circles pre-drawn or die cut and they write/draw on each a way to take care of books, then glue them on paper and add a face to make a Mr. Wiggle of their own.

5. huda3

huda3 New Member

Nov 15, 2009

thank you so mutch