Make my life a little easier - if you can!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by ms.k, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ms.k

ms.k Rookie

Jul 11, 2007

Would you all please share what you do during the summer that might make life at home flow more easily during school? :)

3. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2007

Rest!! Then rest some more!! LOL!!

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2007

Sleep... and the planning of my calendars. (Reading and writing so far are posted at the forums. :)) Also, ergonomic storage and a great classroom layout. Besides that, I'd have to say that most everything else falls into place.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2007

Rest!

Work on keeping the house clean. One of my biggest stressers during the school year is coming home only to find that the house is a mess. One of my summer projects is to find a home for everything in my house--and 'home' does not mean my kitchen counter!

Create a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly meal plan. I have a hard time figuring out what to have for dinner on a particular day because my husband and I don't think ahead and thaw meats or set the crock pot. I think if we had a plan going into the week/month, we'd be less stressed and strapped for time during the school year.

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 14, 2007

Get your school clothes organized. Sew on the buttons, hem the pants, buy a belt, throw out old shoes.

Clean out your kitchen pantry and cupboards.

I'm with Cassie - meal planning is a stress for me (mostly because I like to eat but don't like to cook!)

7. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Jul 14, 2007

I would agree with the meal planning. Create list/menu on the weekends as to what you are planning to have throughout the week. Go grocery shopping then. (during school year)

Go through all of your clothes and throw the ones out that you aren't going to wear. Repair ones that you would like to keep (if needed) and organize them so they are easily accessible when school starts.

Do some spring cleaning (even though it's summer) and get rid of things you don't use or need anymore. It makes for much less clutter later.

Try to get yearly appointments done during the summer, if at all possible. (eyes, dental cleaning, womanly appointments if possible) Then, you don't have to worry about it during the school year. (I am a mom of 4 kids...we have a lot of appointments.)

Keep up on the laundry and cleaning. If you fall behind, it takes twice as long to catch up. (I've been trying since school was out.)

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2007

Laundry? What's that in the summer?......we just went out an bought more underwear and socks!! Seriously!!:D :eek:

9. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 15, 2007

;) That sounds like my house during the school year;)
    That's why I am organizing, organizing, organizing this summer. I'm clearing out, throwing away, giving away, whatever it takes to simplify our life so that when school rolls around , our life at home will be a little calmer. OK, at least maybe the kids can find clean underwear!!:)