Make me Laugh

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by msmullenjr, Mar 3, 2010.

1. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Mar 3, 2010

I had a really crappy day. I would love to completely forget about it (def not rehash it here), but I need some help. Tell me something fun or funny that happened recently.

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2010

My sister goes to a Christian college; she takes a class called "Communicating Bible Messages." The other day she told my dad that she really liked her professor, but she couldn't stand the book!

4. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Mar 3, 2010

One of my HS students commented on how Samuel L. Jackson is inspirational - because he is a former US President. ;)

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2010

Well, that made me laugh out loud!

6. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Mar 3, 2010

Last week I was hanging up some projects in the hallway. A kindergarten students goes into the bathroom which is right across the hall from where I'm hanging things up....a minute later a 6th grader walks into the bathroom. All I hear in that kind of what the crap 6th grade kind of voice..DUDE! Where's your underwear at? Apparently the kindergarten kid was going comando!

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2010

:spitwater:

8. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Mar 3, 2010

The Samuel L Jackson thing reminded me of a paper I got handed in by a fifth grader last year... She wrote about JFK... an odd choice of topic for a Canadian student, but I thought it would be interesting...

She wrote that JFK was America's first black president!!!

9. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Mar 3, 2010

Ummm.... my dog ate an Altoid. I thought that was hilarious, especially since his breath smelled minty fresh. :p I dropped it on the floor accidentally and he, in true vacuum-dog fashion, ate it (and played with it in between bites since it was too strong for him to eat at once).

I've been sick lately and yesterday I had to sneeze so badly. I would get to that point right before you're ready to sneeze, but I couldn't get a sneeze out. My eyes were watering, my cheeks kept "spazzing" (for lack of better term). One of my students asked what was wrong, and I told her that I really needed to sneeze but I couldn't get one out. She asked if there was some way she could help me sneeze. Not as much funny as it is cute, but it might put a smile on your face!

Oh, this bird is always makes me laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9xBuGWgw

I don't know how anyone can watch this video with a straight face-- this bird has MOVES!!! :D

10. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Mar 3, 2010

Ok, I seriously snorted while laughing out loud at those. I'm still giggling. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

I needed that.

11. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Mar 3, 2010

I found myself dancing along with the bird. LOL

12. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 3, 2010

One of my little darlings got sent to the principal. She was so angry, but right in the middle of her lecture (with the paddle in her hand) he looked her straight in the eye and raised his hand. She asked him in tired voice, "What is it now?" And her smiled at her and responded "YOU SURE LOOK BEAUTIFUL IN THAT BLOUSE." She lost it. We call him my little Eddie Haskell after the character in Leave It to Beaver!

13. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 4, 2010

That's hilarious!

14. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Mar 4, 2010

Those were funny

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Mar 5, 2010

One of my little girls came to me all upset because a boy at her table was laughing at her families names--so I foolishly asked what their names were and she said, "Coco, Nana,Gigi, PoPo, WeeWee and Peaches". I had to bite my lip so I wouldn't laugh. She was SO serious!

16. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2010

The young teacher across the hall was talking to me first thing this morning, laughing about the top button of her shirt. She said it kept coming undone, and she had stopped to pick up a safety pin in the clinic on her way to class, but they didn't have any, so they gave her some double sided sticky tape to help hold it closed.

She said she was nervous and hoping that she didn't flash any of the fifth graders today. My male student teacher piped up and said that he would keep an eye on the situation for her.

It was funny, just the way he grinned and said it, and you knew he wasn't hoping for the best for her.

17. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 5, 2010

One of my grade 8 students came to me at the end of the day today:

"MrsC, on Monday, if I bring you in some writing I've done and it's awesome, could you listen to it so that it could maybe bring my writing and my oral mark up?"
    "Sure, Daniel, I'd love to hear what you've written." (In my mind..."buddy, there's a 95% on your report card going home on Tuesday--there's not much higher it can go!" :lol:)

18. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Mar 6, 2010

This didn't happen to me..but another teacher I work with. She had a kindergarten student bawling! Like a flood of tears. She asked him what was wrong. (Earlier the nurse had been coming around to do a headcheck for lice) Well I apparently this little guy said his feelings were hurt b/c he didn't get his turn. (somehow the nurse missed him..I think he was out of the room or something) So needless to say..he got his special turn for his LICE check. lol

19. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2010

Another teacher was trying to write 'peninsula' on the board. He wrote the 's,' then stepped back because it didn't look right. His fourth graders realized at the same time as him that he had forgotten the second 'n'...

20. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 6, 2010

This may only be amusing to those with a middle school sense of humor, but here goes . . .

I am teaching a testing-strategies reading class last period of the day, and I"m using a workbook that I hadn't used in awhile. One of the activities is an article called "Sexual Harrassment" . . . and it's on page 69.

That same workbook has an article that includes the word "assess". One of my boys asked me to come to his desk when he was working, and he said, "I'm pretty sure that this word isn't the word I think it is." I pronounced it for him, and then I told him that the word he had in mind only ended with one s.

21. WhatchaDoin?

WhatchaDoin? Comrade

Mar 6, 2010

I was set to sub as a one to one assistant with a sight impaired student. I was running through my schedule with my mom for the week, when she became really concerned. She said, "But ____, you don't know sign language."

I had to explain how much trouble I would get in, for signing to a blind child.

22. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Mar 6, 2010

We have been talking about Dental Health for the last couple of weeks and I found what I thought would be a great activity to show how sugar is not good for your teeth. I put warm water into two different cups. Then I split a package of yeast in the cups. Then I put sugar in one of the cups. Well, while we were waiting for the reaction that was suppose to happen, one of my little guys leaned over to smell it and anounced to the class that it smelled like beer. I about died. We finished the activity and watched as this yucky film formed on top of the water. I put the cups by the sink and went on with the day. Everytime a teacher or someone walked into the room I had to explain the smell. It did smell like beer.

23. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Mar 6, 2010

Last year...beginning of second grade--

I was introducing a new high frequency word. The word was "higher." I was giving different ways that the word could be used in a sentence such as "I couldn't see over the steering wheel, so I sat on top of a pillow so I could sit a little higher up."

Anyway, I asked for volunteers to use the word "higher" in a sentence and one of my students said, "Oooohhhh..I know how to use that word. It's like when my mom went on a job interview, and the boss told her 'You're higher' when she got the job." :lol:

I burst into laughter, but none of the kids realized why I was laughing. He was so incredibly excited because he thought he had a perfect example of how to use that word. I was laughing so hard that tears were coming down my face. I think what made things funnier is that the students all thought he had such an awesome sentence & I was the only one who realized why what he said was so cute & innocent. :)

24. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Mar 6, 2010

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

25. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 6, 2010

Oh, I have to share one of my all-time favorites!

My students were writing letters, and they were making their final drafts on the computer. I had an aide that year, and she and I were working with the students on the computers and in small groups. I stopped by to check on one of my boys--Zach-- and I noticed that he had signed his letter "Sack". I asked him why he had signed his name that way, and he told me that spell check said that he was supposed to spell it that way.

My aide got so completely tickled at him that she had to leave the classroom. We referred to him as "Sack" (privately, of course) after that.