Mail organizer

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Turtle712, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Turtle712

Turtle712 Rookie

Aug 20, 2005

I have been trying to think of a fast, easy way to organize papers in my room. I was thinking of getting one of those cardboard shoe organizers so that i could label each box with a student name. My problem is that I cannot find what i am looking for anywhere! I have checked walmart, target and several other stores. Staples has almost what i am looking for. They have one that is made out of laminate so it is very heavy, and it doesnt have enough space (i was hoping to find one with about 30 spaces). Anyway...my hope is that someone here maybe has one of these or can suggest a place for me to purchase one!!! Thanks for any advice!! :angel:

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 20, 2005

There was a recent thread about mail systems and several people posted about using shoe organizers. Go up to search and put in 'mailboxes'. There are soooo many. I use a file drawer, myself. I have used cardboard file boxes and plastic file boxes in the past. There is also a plastic one on wheels.

4. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2005

I use a shoe organizers that I got at the Dollar Tree. They are plastic and they hang. Each one has spaces for 12 shoes. I bought cute labels and wrote each students name on their individual slot. They are not boxes, they are more like pockets. I am really pleased so far with how they are working. It is also really convenient because each student can see the papers very clearly.

5. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 20, 2005

I got one at reallygoodstuff.com for $44.00. It is cardboard, but it has 27 slots! Plus you can purchase additional slots that go next to it if needed.

6. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 20, 2005

I got almost the same one from REally Good Stuf and this will be my 6th year using it. It has held up really well! The price is worth it. Mine is an older one, so it has more slots and sits horizontally.

7. dianejw

dianejw Companion

Aug 25, 2005

I love using a shoe organizer. It works out really well for me. Due to my large class size this year, I recently purchased an additional shoe organizer with 22 pockets at Wal Mart for 5.88. The older one I will be using has 24 pockets, also from Wal Mar. It is very sturdy and at least 3 years old. I think it is best to purchase the one with plastic see-through pockets. They also sell a netted shoe organizer.

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 25, 2005

9. sunfl3815

sunfl3815 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005

I just bought mailboxes from Sams club...i had to buy 2 sets. They have 12 slots each, made from wood and plastic and are $15 each.