Magic Tree House CD's at Wendy's

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Hoot Owl, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

I haven't bought a Happy Meal in years but a colleague told me that Wendy's is giving away CD's of Magic Tree House in the kid's meals.

Well, DH and I ordered a meal, and I asked about the CD's. I was referred to the manager, told them I was a teacher, asked if they had extra. They GAVE me 25 extra CD's!!!!

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

Man, when I went they gave me one CD. I even asked if they had others. The person working there doesn't speak much English and just kept smiling at me. Darn. I just want all 4! There is probably no chance of getting them at this point.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2008

Shoot- I keep forgeting about these things....
    I live less than a half mile from a Wendy's, too. Maybe I will have to go out for lunch today...

5. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 17, 2008

I am so excited....thank you for posting this!! I just told my husband we are going there for lunch!! My kids are going to be so excited!!!

6. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 17, 2008

I stopped the other day and asked. The first lady said no that I could only get the one when I bought the happy meal. I asked if they would do like they did with the Arthur CD's, I buy one happy meal and then buy the rest of the CD's for $.99 each. She said we couldn't do that but when I got to the window she said she was mistaken and since she had not known she gave me the other 3 CD's for free. My kids were so excited when I told them as soon as I could figure out where to fit them in we would listen to them. Maybe inside recess time.....

7. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 17, 2008

I got 2 of the CDs for a dollar. He couldn't find any of the other two. Oh well! He was very nice about it.

8. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Aug 17, 2008

I am going to have to call up an old friend to see about getting these!! I want them all! I saw on Wendy's website that the next thing to be in the kids meals are games like Chutes and Ladders. You should check them out-might be good for indoor recess games!

9. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2008

I just went to my Wendy's and they didn't speak English, either (I had a feeling because very few of them do).
    I was able to get 1 from them but it took several minutes for them to figure it out- so I wasn't about to negotiate buying 4 or picking a title.
    Worst part is is that I have 2 of the 4 books at school- and the 1 they gave me is not one of them!
    Maybe I will try at another Wendy's tomorrow....

Oh, and off topic, but MY how the Jr Cheeseburger has shrunk!!!!!!

10. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 17, 2008

Have you been to McDonalds lately? Off-topic! Their fish and big macs are smaller too. And ice cream in the store is smaller for same price.

11. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2008

I know they are saying the Double Cheeseburger will no longer be on the $1 menu and it will be instead a "Double Hamburger with Cheese"- which means they will be putting less cheese on it.

Lot's of things in the store are smaller- ice cream, Doritos (maybe other chips, too), cereal, orange juice, etc...

12. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

I called my mom to see if she could get more. She lives close to a Wendy's and there isn't one in my neck of the woods. The one I went to is near my school... I hope she scores and gets the three I don't have already!

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

Well, I think it's a good thing. Americans are TOO FAT (myself included) and we could stand to have smaller portions of things like ice cream, Doritos and hamburgers. When I went to Wendy's the other day I got a $1 hamburger and ate it with the lettuce and meat only, no bun... I'm trying!! I was surprised at how small the meat was, but in the end, I think that's fine as long as it's still cheap and they don't give us less and raise the cost even more.

14. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 17, 2008

Cool! Our school (all 640 1st and 2nd graders) is going to see The Magic Tree House Musical this year. We won't tell our kids until closer to time, but all the teachers are very excited.

15. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Aug 17, 2008

Where is the musical going to be???

I'd be excited too!

16. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 17, 2008

It's going to be at the Walton Arts Center (University of Arkansas).

17. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Aug 17, 2008

I saw the musical when it first came out in CT- Mary Pope Osborn was there! It was wonderful! You will enjoy it.

18. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2008

Yes, American's are too fat :) Myself included as well!

Things like ice cream and Doritos being smaller is fine with me. I never buy it (OK- maybe once every 6 months and usually for a reason!). But, thinks like OJ and cereal being down-sized, well :down:. Those are things I use and by regularly (and are fairly healthy) that costs me more because I have to buy it more often...