M*A*S*H

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by blazer, Jul 12, 2016.

1. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2016

One of the minor channels over here is re-running all the MASH episodes. I have not watched this show for many years but it has been a godsend as for the last month all there has been on TV has been the European soccer. Boring. And of course because the soccer is on one channel (or sometimes 2) then the other channels won't put on anything decent against it. So my digibox has faithfully recorded every episode and I can sit down and blast through 2 or 3 everytime the soccer is on.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 12, 2016

MASH is great, but I must say that I have loved the UEFA games. Poor Cristiano!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2016

One of my favourites--much laughter and many tears!

5. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2016

Watching an episode right now!

6. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2016

Last summer and fall, I watched all the episodes and even the final episode which aired originally while I was in college. I grew up with that show! More recently, I have learned that many episodes were based on real happenings (and many things were ridiculous, of course). I met a real MASH nurse this summer at a conference. Very cool!

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 19, 2016

I was raised on M*A*S*H. In retrospect, I am not sure what my parents were thinking. Eventually, I DID get what Hawkeye was really about.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2016

My mom loved that show! I remember seeing it as a kid!!! My favorite is on one of the antenna channels they play Johnny Carson every night. Fun to see some stars who were just starting out & other stars at the time. We watched Jay Leno on there. My favorite was Robin Williams first time on there... it was so fun to watch but heartbreaking. Loved that guy. Johnny did some Tarzan thing with Betty White. Funny stuff.

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 19, 2016

I remember my parents watching that and seeing reruns during my childhood. I need to watch again as an adult. I didn't like it as a child, but liked the Love Boat, Fantasy Island, and Happy Days. Those are so corny that I don't think I could tolerate them now. :)

10. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2016

When I first met my now very good American friend within the first 10 minutes we were finishing each others sentences with Hawkeye like wit. There was an immediate bond. He has just returned to the States after a week visiting with us. We still do it.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2016

Lol!!! That is funny. I know hubby and I still do jokes about the show friends. Lol!

12. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jul 20, 2016

I had a dog named BJ, who was my BABY, and whose name now draws snickers. However, BJ was named for BJ Hunnicutt, my favorite character. I was 3, but he looked like my dad and I loved him. :)