LUSH users

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by lnm130, Aug 31, 2011.

1. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Aug 31, 2011

So I really need to switch moisturizers. I currently use Cetaphil, and I hate hate hate the moisturizer.

I've been curious about Lush, and it is sold close to me. I first heard about it here, so I was hoping for some advice.

What cleanser do you use? Moisturizer? Any products you didn't care for?

I used Mary Kay for a while, and liked the lightness of the lotion. I don't like heavy...

3. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Aug 31, 2011

Unfortunately I don't know much about LUSH, but since you asked about other types of moisturizers, I can tell you what I use.

I wash my face with Neutrogena's "Anti Blemish(Pimple) Anti Wrinkle" (it's a combo face wash). Then, if I'm on my period which leads to lots of zits, I dry my face gently and use an astringint, like Sea Breeze on my oily areas (forehead and cheeks)

Afterward, if I'm pimply, I use the Anti Blemish Anti Wrinkle cream lotion on my face. If I'm not pimply, then I use Oil of Olay's night cream. During the winter when it's bitter cold, I use Keri (it comes in a black bottle. smells really good. As a baby when I had eczema, my pediatrician told Mom to use it on me)

I have combination skin

4. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Aug 31, 2011

I've used Lush's Skin Drink moisturizer. I used it along with their Sweet Japanese Girl cleanser (which is sadly discontinued), and my face looked amazing with the combination of the two. I don't know much about their other moisturizers--I've read good things about some but they always seemed to be crazy expensive.

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2011

I love Lush, but I've only ever used their "frou-frou" stuff, like bubble bars and bath bombs and soaps. I don't know about moisturizers. I use a Neutrogena one that I like.

6. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 31, 2011

I use Mary Kay.

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 31, 2011

I am a LUSH junkie! I use Aqua Marina cleanser. I use Celestial moisturizer, and sometimes I use Cosmetic Lad instead, if I've had any waxing or threading done, or something else has irritated my skin. I also use Breath of Fresh Air toner water. What kind of skin do you have? I can recommend something if I know what you're looking for.

8. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Aug 31, 2011

My Mary Kay rep said I had combination skin. I've always heard to use the moisturizer that goes with your cleanser, so that is why I'm interested in switching.

I just hate the waxy feeling the Cetaphil gives me...which is a bummer, since I like the cleanser...

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 31, 2011

I like bare minerals moisturizer and face wash. Can't help with LUSH.

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 31, 2011

I never heard of LUSH but I don't like the name! Anyway, I use Olay with SPF in the day and a Ponds clarifying cream.

11. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 31, 2011

Is your skin sensitive at all? If not, then I would maybe use Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, and Imperialis moisturizer. I haven't used either, but I have friends who swear by both products. Also, I love their toner water, but I have no clue which one will be better for you with combination skin. I use the Breath of Fresh Air one, and it's really light and makes me feel fresh.

If you go to a LUSH store, they are really helpful, and will let you try the products in the store. Also, don't be shy about asking for samples. I know the products seem expensive, but a little goes a long way, and they last forever. I've been using the same shampoo bar since the end of May and it's still going strong! Same with my roll of cleanser and my moisturizer. The only thing I have to replace more often are my hair products, but that's because I have a lot of hair!

12. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Sep 1, 2011

I switched from using moisturizer to Vitamin E oil and I'll never go back. I only have to use it once a day (at night before bed) and I am really starting to see my skin improve. I just dab a little bit on a cotton ball and then apply it to my face.

I'm never heard about LUSH. Maybe do a search online looking for LUSH reviews? Good luck in your moisturizer search! I know I was on it for about 5 years.

13. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Sep 2, 2011

I use Angels on Bare Skin and I swear by it! I have been using it over a year and I couldn't go on without it! Also their products do last a very, very long time!

14. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Sep 3, 2011

I think I may go look into it today if I can talk the bf into going while we're out for errands...it's a bit of a drive. I've heard great things about them so I'm hoping they have something for me.

15. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Sep 3, 2011

Ok, so I went, and I love!

I was treated to an entire facial!

I ended up with the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser and Imperialis moisturizer. I also picked up a color tint for the moisturizer and samples of a facial mask and their 9 to 5 lotion/cleanser.

I'm definitely going back, (tomorrow actually, but only because they rang up an item twice), and trying other products. I want to try their shampoo, Curly Whirly, for sure.

Definitely an addict. Even just after the facial and one time use of the products my skin looks and feels amazing!

16. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2011

I use Aveeno"s Positively Ageless line of eye cream, cleanser, night moisturizer, and daily moisturizer with sunscreen...This line has turned back time for me! My skin is in the best condition it's been in. Ever!

17. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Sep 4, 2011

I knew you'd like it, and those are the ones I knew you'd love!

I like their solid shampoos the best, but I use Curly Whirly once or twice a week if I need some deep conditioning. I also use a hair mask twice a month. I am obsessed with their hair products! I use R&B on my whole head, King of the Mods on the front part of my hair where I need something lighter so it will not weigh down the curl, and The Big Tease in the back. Definitely try them out!

18. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Sep 4, 2011

We're stopping back by today to get my money refunded. I may ask for a sample of the shampoo. I may ask for a bit of Big Tease too, didn't hear about that one yet...I sense an addiction...