LTS interviews

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by littlepearl, Jul 13, 2010.

1. littlepearl

littlepearl Rookie

Jul 13, 2010

Are the interview questions different than a regular teaching interview?

When you are a long-term sub, are you following that teacher's lesson plans or creating your own?

3. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 13, 2010

I had to create my own lesson plans. I think the only different question that I got was how would you make the transition easy for the students and families (that was when I was taking over in April).

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2010

My interview for an LTS position was just like my interviews for full time positions. :)

5. collteach

collteach Comrade

Jul 13, 2010

On the topic of plans: I was required to leave pretty detailed plans for my my LTS for both of my maternity leaves. I gave the teachers in my classroom the freedom to make changes so that they would feel comfortable with what they were teaching and how they were teaching it. However, I worked as a LTS in a middle school LA/SS class this school year, and the teacher gave me NO plans. I had to do it all on my own, which was fine....although the school system paid nothing extra for LTS positions, so I was working my butt off for regular sub pay...plans, grading, report cards, etc. It definitely varies by teacher and by school, I think.

6. springmac

springmac Companion

Jul 13, 2010

I've interviewed and worked as a LTS. The interview questions are pretty much the same as a regular interview. I prepared my own lessons. It was great experience.

7. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 13, 2010

That stinks collteach, when I was a LTS I was paid teacher salary w/ benefits.

8. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 13, 2010

When I was a LTS from Jan through June a few years ago I did all my plans and due to the abrupt departure of the person I took over from (maternity leave that started earlier than planned) I had VERY little input/info from her to go from.

9. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jul 13, 2010

Out of the 6 interviews I've had this "season", 3 have been for LTS positions and the questions have been the same for all 6.

I believe all of the LTS positions required that I write my own plans beyond the first couple of weeks.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2010

Any time I've had someone do a LTS for me, I left incredibly detailed plans.

I told them they could choose to follow them or not, but I left them.

Inevitably, they came in very handy, and were followed fairly closely.