Lower Back Pain

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by teacherkasey, Oct 6, 2007.

1. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Oct 6, 2007

:huh:Ouch!!! I have never had lower back pain this bad. My lower back began to hurt on Thursday afternoon and by the time I got home I could barely walk up the 4 flights of stairs to get to my apartment. I was so desperate that I took some of left over pain medication the doctor gave me when I had my tonsils out. It didn't help at all:unsure:. I've tried all of the ibuprofin and asprin products I can find but nothing is helping. I'm uncomfortable sitting, laying down, standing. I have trouble bending over to tie my shoes, getting dressed, and even lifting my legs to get into the shower.

I don't know what else to do. Any advice or suggestions? Please...:unsure:

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 6, 2007

It could be so many different things that I think you need to see a doctor. It could be muscular, a nerve, a disk, kidneys ..... You should probably go to the ER. Good luck.

4. glenn

glenn Rookie

Oct 6, 2007

I would see a chiropractor or regular doctor to figure what is causing your pain. A lot of chiro offices sell Biofreeze which I have found works great. Some chiro have Sat. hours or a walk in urgent care center is probably what you should do.

5. rchlkay

rchlkay Companion

Oct 6, 2007

Occasional back pain is normal, but what you're describing is not. I agree that you need to see a doctor, especially if you've tried over the counter meds and even prescription meds without relief. I know that one time I had pain like that and it ended up being a pinched nerve. I never knew my body could hurt as much as it did.