Loving Vista Print

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teacher Chele, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 30, 2008

I had never heard of Vista Print until someone mentioned it here. I ordered tons of the "freebies" where you just pay s&h. Does anyone know if you order using a different email will they catch on? HMMMMM:whistle:

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

Nope.. they won't. And actually, I am thinking that if you start a different order on a different day, you would be fine also!

4. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

Can I ask what your S&H charges ended up being and what items you selected?

5. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jun 30, 2008

No need to order under different emails. Once you order, go ahead and order again. You will get emails almost every day with free stuff on them, or go to free items on the menu once you log on to vistaprint. I've done a ton of free orders and only paid shipping.

6. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jun 30, 2008

I've ordered free things within five minute of each other.

7. inhisgrip20

inhisgrip20 Comrade

Jun 30, 2008

I got my first order today. Everything is such great quality. I got a t-shirt, hat, 100 postcards, 10 large magnets, a window cling, 1 rubber stamp, 1 pen and sticky notes, all for about $15 in shipping. The stamp is great! I teach students with severe/profound disabilities. None of them can write their name so I am getting stamps for each of them so that they can stamp their own names. :) I also loved the magnets. I put all of my contact information on them and will give to parents on Open House.

Anyway, I'll be placing another order soon. I'm hooked! :)

8. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

I love that idea!

9. traveler

traveler Comrade

Jun 30, 2008

I keep wondering how it works. I too have been ordering from them. Surely there has to be some catch. S&H is kind of expensive don't you think? I am wondering if we are all jumping in because it says "free". I am sure we are all still spending a ton. JMO. I can't stop though. :)

10. teach_each1

teach_each1 Comrade

Jun 30, 2008

I won't pay the shipping amount it shows for the "free" items. I made my own and printed them myself (well, actually my mom printed them for me at her work). I posted my items on my not quite vistaprint thread.

11. traveler

traveler Comrade

Jun 30, 2008

You are very smart. I can't pull myself away! ha ha

12. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

Sniff, sniff. I just received another email offer and all the things I JUST created are free! :( The only problem is the DH says I've been spending too much money. :( So it's in my best interest NOT to order this time. Sniff. I suppose it's good to wait either way since we're going on vacation. The package would arrive while we are gone and I don't trust the mailman leaving it out on the front porch. I'm hoping that I receive the order I placed 2 weeks ago before we leave on Thursday.

13. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jun 30, 2008

ok, because previous posters have said that the business card magnets don't show up "free" as often during July and August, I just placed 3 orders in a row to get the rest of the 100 magnets I needed to give out to my parents.

Whew. I have all of my reward cards though, and all of my postcards and the magnets. I'm taking a hiatus. :) Can I get a support group sponsor?

I was pleased though - none of my shipping exceeded $10 - I'm wondering if the increased shipping we've been seeing is a result of adding things like t-shirts and hats?

14. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

We all need a sponsor...lol

15. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 30, 2008

Originally I thought that the shipping was a bit steep, but then I started thinking about the price of ink & paper to do it myself, plus the fact that we have NOTHING in our town so I have to drive 20-50 miles to find a store that has what I need . . . so I ordered.

16. Historyteaching

Historyteaching Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

Personally, I don't think its as expensive as what some may think. It also depends on where you live in conjunction to the origination. The UK company let me know that since I'm in the US to order from their US site :lol:
    Here are a couple of my recent orders..i got the first one today:
    A custom rubber stamp at a printing store can run you over $10 depending on what you want on it. Pens in a pack at Walmart is close to $4 or $5-if you want a decent kind that actually writes for awhile. I just think its a good deal.

1 large rubber stamp
    5 pens (1 free)
    2 small window decals
    140 return address labels

shipping was $4.80
    total was $25.00

-------------------------------
    250 business cards-free
    1 small rubber stamp-free
    100 standard postcards-free
    1 pack post-its-free

shipping $7.75

17. Historyteaching

Historyteaching Cohort

Jun 30, 2008

I'm the same way..Walmart is 15 minutes..we are getting a Staples, but Office Max for the time being is 45 minutes away. Target is 90 minutes. The true office supply store in town that's been around for years is a homegrown deal and higher priced than VP. Its so much easier and cheaper for me to order as well

18. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2008

My justification is because the things look so nice, that they make me happy long into the school year. I also agree that it would be thrifty to try and make it yourself it wouldn't look near as nice, or be exactly the same.

19. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2008

That was my thinking, too.

I just placed my first ever order...business card magnets for my parents with all of my contact info. When that comes, I'm sure I'll love them so much that I'll be hooked into ordering more, and more, and more!
    Kim

20. Ems

Ems Rookie

Jul 1, 2008

Last Order

Okay, so I just placed my 7th order, and can not think of any possible thing I could still want from them. (That is until pictures of everyone else's ideas pop up!)

I deleated the last couple emails from them too.:angel:

:) Ems

21. princessa48

princessa48 Companion

Jul 1, 2008

I've placed three orders in two days :) I can't wait to get my stuff! The first order I placed had every single item they offered free in it, so that one had expensive shipping ($25). My other two orders had a decent amount of stuff in it and they were each around $10. I think that these things will be worth it. I like the idea of giving my info out on a magnet. And like Ems said, every time I see a picture of a project someone else did, I have to make something similar.

22. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 1, 2008

S&H $17.00
    2 pens,
    2 different types of sticky notes,
    rubber stamp with my disicipline codes on it (I can just stamp the kid's agenda and mark the rule they broke(I called it an Uh Oh! Announcement),
    return address labels that say "Your child has a note for you." (Could be positive or not),
    Business cards with contact info.,
    business cards for Test Freebies,
    Thank you cards(I changed the text to Thinking of You for secret pal gifts and general usage)

I'm definitely addicted!!!

23. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 1, 2008

My shipping on my last order was only $6.54...it had 5 items, all free including a T!:up:
    I am debating on ordering again, we are moving soon.....in the mean time I am creating and borrowing..........;)

24. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jul 1, 2008

I love the thought of the agenda stamp - is a picture of this posted somewhere? Afterall, its a new month and I haven't ordered anything yet!:whistle:

25. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jul 1, 2008

Maybe there should be a group devoted to Vista Print since all the threads in General Discussion are related to it :lol:

26. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 1, 2008

I got the idea from someone in another area of the forum. (Sorry - can't remember where)They posted a pic. I just borrowed their idea. Basically I took all of the offenses and gave them codes (t=talking, dc=dress code, etc. I squeezed them in on the address lines of the stamp and even have a space for parent's intials. I learned to think outside of the box-just because the form says "address" doesn't mean that an address has to go there.;)

27. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 1, 2008

Check out Elem. Ed. , pg. 1, thread: First Vista Print Order
    A couple of wonderful people:angel:have posted pictures of the things they ordered. Great ideas here!!!