Lots of interviews and lots of questions!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by SarahnVA, Jul 25, 2006.

1. SarahnVA

SarahnVA Rookie

Jul 25, 2006

I have had a lot of interviews this week! Three so far (one yesterday and two today) and I have three more lined up within the next week.

Today I had an interview and it went great! The principal told me that my philosophy pretty much matched her's and that she is looking to bring in new graduates because of our energy (which the school really needs). However, she told me that she needs to contact HR to have the offer extended. What does that mean????? She also asked for resumes to hand out to other principals, so it makes me wonder if she is or is not going to offer me a job.

I would think that she wants to offer me the job because she said she will give me a call back tomorrow. If she offers me a job tomorrow I would have think about it because this morning I had another great interview with a principal that graduated from my college. Do you think it would be okay to call this other principal and tell her that I have had a job offer at another school and am considering it but I want to know my status with this school before I make a decision? Would this be too pushy?

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

3. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Jul 27, 2006

In public school districts the principal contacts HR so that HR can call you and extend the offer. You could tell the first principal about the other offer and than ask how much time will be involved in making a decision. Any way I am sending positive thoughts your way. Terry G.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 28, 2006

Sarah,
    Any news?

5. SarahnVA

SarahnVA Rookie

Jul 28, 2006

Yes great news!

The principal that I WANTED contacted HR right away and they called me on Wednesday morning offering me the job! :) :) :) :)

I will be teaching kindergarten or first grade or kindergarten/first grade (a multi age class).

I am VERY excited. The school is just minutes away from my house, no stop lights!

Also on Saturday night my boyfriend took me to DC and proposed! So you can say this has been a very good week for me.

I have just a week left in school, then I graduate and I will be getting certified. So HR is waiting for my contract, but she still said the job is mine. My college sent a letter of eligibility to make sure they hold it for me.

I want to tell EVERYONE who is still looking to be persistent like me and not to give up. Even if you don't get a job right now, keep subbing and meeting as many people as you can. Things will work out for you, our nation needs more great teachers! Also this forum has been a blessing helping me. Thanks everyone!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2006

WOW!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on both counts!!! A job and an engagement in 4 days?? A very good week indeed!
    Congrats and the best of luck!

7. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Jul 28, 2006

Wow1 Congrads and best of luck!Terry G.

8. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 28, 2006

How exciting getting engaged and a job all in a week. Congratulations.

9. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 28, 2006

Congrats on all your good news!

10. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 29, 2006

How exciting for you! Best of luck!

11. SarahnVA

SarahnVA Rookie

Jul 29, 2006

Thanks everyone!