lots of 'first' posts tonight

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by czacza, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 14, 2010

No, they weren't deleted. I noticed them, too, before I saw this thread.

If it sounds like someone is trying to find an easy way to get out of doing work, the posts annoy me. If they want to become familiar with established teachers and the online support that exists, I can understand that. But, I'd like to suggest that they read through many different forums, then draw their own conclusions.

2. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2010

I also went to school well before the age of the internet, so if we had an assignment to interview a teacher, the college arranged for us to visit a school with a group of willing teachers. I can see where using this kind of forum makes those assignments easier, and makes it so that the college doesn't necessarily need to put you in touch with an actual school....I guess I stopped reading the posts because so many of them DID seem to be the student finding a way to not have to do the work him/herself, kwim? Looking for a teacher(s) to interview, well, that's one thing. Looking for someone to design an instructional unit...well that's another altogether.

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 15, 2010

lol. I didn't notice. But I would think if a professor assigns outside work to do, it would likely be in a classroom talking to a teacher face-to-face. With today's technology, however, that might not be the case. Who knows.

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 15, 2010

I joined this forum to get help on some college assignment, I believe...

or, rather, I came ot the aregular site for some lesson plan ideas, saw the word "discuss" and was hooked.

But I'm pretty sure my first post wasn't about homework asignment... or if it was, I'm sure i introduced myself and why I was asking first. :)

5. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Sep 15, 2010

I hadn't noticed. I typically feel like if it's something I know the answer to (and I'm not running on empty/too tired to answer) then I response because when I first became a teacher, my team seriously took me under their wing and helped teach me everything I needed to know instead of telling me to just got look it up somewhere.

I feel like it's my duty to help other people. Karma.