Lots going on in my life and I need some prayers please!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by looking in ct, Jun 30, 2007.

1. looking in ct

looking in ct Rookie

Jun 30, 2007

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon this website a week or so ago and have found it to be a God send.

I have alot of things going on in my life now and need some prayers.
    I am looking for my first teaching position and just found out I did not get a position I felt really good about. :(

Also, my husband is working fulltime and getting his EMBA so he's totally stressed out. His father just past away as well on May 22 rather unexpetedly. So we've been dealing with alot of the paperwork and financial issues his mother is facing.

We live with her right now since I quit my job and went back to school, and have been for 1 1/2 years, in a seperate apartment so we can save for a house.

Also, to be quite honest, my biological clock is ticking LOUDLY, and I know I really need to find a job before we start trying to have a baby.

So, needless to say I am feeling all sorts of emotions these days.

I would appreciate any support and prayers.

thank you!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 30, 2007

You've got the prayers.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your father in law.

As to the biological clock: We adopted my son when I was 40. Six months later I was pregant with my OLDER daughter. When I was 45 I gave birth to my YOUNGER daughter. I'm having the time of my life, enjoying my kids in a way I don't think I could have earlier.

That clock isn't ticking nearly as loud as some people think.

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 30, 2007

Prayers on their way....

I think you have too much on your plate. So, you didn't get the job- so what? If you read on here, a lot of people, myself included, have not been hired. Do the best you can. All you can do is hope for the interview. In the meantime, enjoy your summer.

As for the emotional grief- you need to let yourself experience that. It's ok. We all have been there, and it's best to explore those emotions- not hide them. You and your husband and MIL need each other. Be good to yourselves.

As for a baby.... when you are ready- it will happen. don't put an age on things. It just puts more pressure on you. It's all in the plan anyway. What will be will be.

Feel better.

5. mincc

mincc Companion

Jun 30, 2007

I am sending you hugs and thoughts from south Jersey!:angel:

I can totally relate to having a lot of stress. I have so much now that I have literally messed with my immune system. :eek:
    If it isnt one thing it is another and....another.

My advice: take each day at a time. You know you are doing all you can to find a job (me, too) and unfortunately, even if we do our best, sometimes we do not get hired for a lot of other reasons that we cannot control. We know we are great teachers, we just need someone to believe in us and give us a chance.

I decided to not have children and I have the opposite problem...people (family) are wanting my biological clock to tick. :rolleyes:

Family....I have to start a thread about my dad and his upcoming wedding. :( Oh my,my family needs Dr. Phil. :eek:

I am so sorry about your FIL passing away. Your husband must be so stressed and sad.

Make time for yourself. You have to. I often go outside and watch the sunsets or sit out back and enjoy the little creatures that visit....our latest is a groundhog and baby bunnies. Baby bunnies!!!!!!:D

Know you are not alone. Your strength will get you by. Take care of yourself and do not beat yourself up-making yourself sick is bad, I can attest to that.

PS Edy's light chocolate chocolate chip ice cream works wonders, too. ;)

-Mary-

6. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 3, 2007

The Lord promised never to leave or forsake us, and I'm praying that you'll feel His care and comfort as you go through all that you're facing right now.

God bless you! :angel:

7. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 3, 2007

Prayers for you. I had a lot of similar things happen to me last year when my dad passed away and I did not get a teaching job I really wanted. The Lord has taken me on a very long journey, but His promises are true. Rest assured, He loves you no matter what happens in your life.

8. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 4, 2007

My first year of teaching was a disaster. I did not get renewed and the job market was terrible at the time (and to some extent, still is). During that first year, my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer (a result of her second bout with breat cancer). During the spring, when things were wrapping up at school, she came down with pneumonia as the result of a treatment gone bad. She almost died. She then fell and broke BOTH of her arms. My summer was spent: caring for my mother, my family (I have teenagers), in counseling, and looking for work (which I did not find). In the fall I started subbing. We never knew from which day to the next how we would make ends meet, but somehow, we did. Finally, the next spring, I found a job and stayed at that school til this year (2 years). I have resigned due to difficult circumstances at the school that I felt would truly do deep damage to my career. I am now looking again. I will sub and do whatever I must. I am 52 years old, so it's not easy as a second career woman. I know I will find a job eventually. So, don't give up. Hang in there. You will get what you need when the time is right.

BTW, my mom still lives and is doing very well!

9. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 4, 2007

I'm sorry for the stress that is going on in your life. I remember having to quit my job so I could student teach. At the time, my husband had previously lost his job. We were without income for nine months. Interviewing was so stressful because I needed a job so badly. I finally got one after my third interview. God provided for us during that time and I know that He will take care of your needs too. I will be praying for you.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007