LOST

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Mrs_R, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mrs_R

Mrs_R New Member

Jan 31, 2008

Are there "LOST" fans around?

I am so excited for tonight. I told my husband to bring dinner home because I needed to be situated and comfortable when the show starts.

I have been waiting for so long. The only bad news is that I heard yesterday that they were supposed to have 12 new episodes, but they only have seven filmed because of the strike. So we kinda get screwed out of five episodes.

Sawyer...oh, Sawyer...I missed you!:lol:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 31, 2008

My sister loves this show...I don't see what the big deal is. (Let it fly! I know you guys are going to get onto me.)

4. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Jan 31, 2008

We love it too, at our house. We are going to record it so we can speed through the commercials. It's been sooo long though.

5. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jan 31, 2008

Did anyone watch the rerun of last season's finale - on last night? It was great!!! I LOVED the "subtitles" that added a lot of interesting comments and information!

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 31, 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I wish I had watched the rerun last night.

7. kem

kem Companion

Jan 31, 2008

Yup, I'm obsessed! I'm sorry that I missed last night-it's definitely a show that you need to be refreshed on!

8. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 31, 2008

Well this first hour is a refresher anyway.

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jan 31, 2008

I have never even heard of the show...

10. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jan 31, 2008

I watched the first hour tonight, but missed last night. Somehow I missed the whole scene with Lock and him hearing...gahhhh can't remember the name of the invisible guy now. I am sooo excited it is finally back on, but I can't believe the season opener isn't two hours!

11. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jan 31, 2008

*sigh* Why can't there ever be just clear answers? :D I feel like I know less now than I did before the season opener!

12. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jan 31, 2008

Wasn't the invisible guy Jacob?

Who would YOU go with - Locke or Jack???

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jan 31, 2008

Yeah! Jacob that's it. I knew it was J - something.

I don't know, I love Jack, but I think Locke was right (at least as far as they have let us know!)

14. Joyride

Joyride Comrade

Jan 31, 2008

I love this show! I hate to see Jack in the future scenes, with all his struggles.. but they've definitely kept the show fresh and interesting. The last person I expected to see in that car chase was Hurley.

15. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jan 31, 2008

And Charlie! Dominic Monaghan has been sooo good in interviews about not being on the show anymore, and here he is!!

Predictions:
    Who are the 6?
    Jack
    Kate
    Hurley
    (we know)
    I think...
    Sawyer (Kate said HE was waiting-is it him?)
    Rousseau (just a hunch)
    Alex?

Also, who is in the coffin?

I think Juliette or someone related to her...

16. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Feb 1, 2008

My thoughts....

This season is actually going to be 16 episodes...8 are are filmed and the other 8 are God knows when.

I think Sawyer is in the coffin. Or Ben. But this show keeps you on your toes, so who knows :)

It really looks to me that Christian Shepherd is Jacob in the cabin.

The guy that asked, "Are you Jack?" is our "New Ben" :lol:

I would have gone with Locke.

A little bummed Charlie showed up. I loved him, but it's a bit much. We'll see what happens.

I think Jin and Sun are part of the Oceanic 6...she wants to be home to give birth.

I'm dying to know what Jack's, Kate's, and Hurley's big secret is. It's been mentioned a few times. Something went horribly wrong when they left.

Note that Hurley said he's one of the REMAINING six. Were there others that died? Maybe the person in the coffin is #7 - maybe there's even more?

I have more thoughts but I'm going to be late for work if I don't shut up :)

17. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Feb 1, 2008

I wonder if the Oceanic 6 are the ones that are left and they are meeting their demise back in the states. Is that why Hurley said that we have to go back? I have a feeling the secret will come out in one of Hurley's flashbacks.

18. Boston1234

Boston1234 Rookie

Feb 2, 2008

I think in the season finale we figured out that the person in the coffin is a man. I also think it's someone who is not a friend of Jack's or Kate's because Jack said at the funeral home that he was neither a friend nor family and Kate told Jack "why would I go to the funeral?" or something like that...

But all answers lead to 293849 more questions, so who knows. :dunno:

19. Ms.H

Ms.H Companion

Feb 2, 2008

Oh dear, I think I've missed something. I didn't get to see the last two episodes of last season, but I got caught up mostly by the 1 hr. "past present future" before this seasons' premier. I don't remember seeing any coffin, though. What episode was it in? Was it in one of the future flashes?
    This show is so fabulous-- these eight episodes are going to be such a tease if we don't get any new ones after them for a while. I can't even come up with a theory as to what's going on!

20. sadundercover

sadundercover Companion

Feb 2, 2008

Did anyone see Eli Stone the other night? During the commercials there was an Oceanic commercial that kind of had quick pictures. I think they were supposed to be hints-it looked kind of like one was the plane underwater and there was a guy talking about something. It went so fast.

I would have gone with Locke because of Charlie's last words. But, I am wondering if some who did switched and returned to Jack and Kate and their group?

Ms.H,

I forget when the coffin episode was, but whoever was in there had NO visitors at the viewing except for Jack. Jack arrived late was very upset about who it was, you could see he was hurting. But since it wasn't his friend or family....who?

I am thinking someone died on the island or when they came home because of a choice Jack made on the island....I have no idea though....then again, maybe it is Michael since Jack may have been less apt to consider him a friend after all that happened.

21. misswhammy

misswhammy Rookie

Feb 2, 2008

The coffin was in last season's finale.

I LOVE LOST but this last episode was soooo confusing! Is Charlie alive, dead, or a figure of Hurley's imagination? If he's the latter, how was the other patient able to tell Hurley that there was a man staring at him?

22. jd019

jd019 Companion

Feb 2, 2008

I re-watched the scene when the mental patient tells Hurley "that guy is looking at you" and sure enough in the background there is another man looking at him..so Charlie was not actually visible to anyone else.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  23. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 2, 2008

I also thought it was Sawyer in the coffin because if I remember correctly the funeral director asked if he was a friend or family and Jack said neither. He was never really "friends" with Sawyer.

I think the 6 people are the ones that got rescued. The man at the institution asked Hurley if the others were still alive. So I think obviously something happens after they split up. I think Charlie was a representation of Hurley's conscience and he wants to go back to try to save the others still on the island.

I also thought it was interesting that Naomi said to tell her sister she tried just before she died. Maybe they bribed her with helping her sister the same way they did with Juliet. That her mission was to get these bad guys the coordinates.

I hate myself for watching this show every time I watch it. I just hope it leads somewhere cool and not just like the whole thing is in Hurley's mind or something. I really like J.J. Abrams as a writer - I think he is incredibly versatile in the things he has written. But if you watched Alias to the end, the mythology of it just got ridiculous. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

24. Mister Teacher

Mister Teacher Companion

Feb 2, 2008

I thought the premiere of Lost ROCKED! Here are a few thoughts:
    It was definitely Christian Shepard sitting in the chair in the cabin, but that doesn't make him Jacob. In fact, Jacob might be appearing around the island in various guises (Shepard, Mr. Eko's brother, Walt...)
    When Kate said HE is waiting at home in the flash-forward, I think she might have meant a kid...remember Juliet thought she might be pregnant.
    I think that the secret Hurly and the other Oceanic 6 members are hiding is that the rest of the world thinks they are the only 6 survivors. They think everyone else died in the crash.
    I also want to know what the heck is up with Eye Patch dude and how he keeps coming back to life!!!

25. Boston1234

Boston1234 Rookie

Feb 3, 2008

There is some LOST internet game going on. The people who follow it get some extra info. I don't really follow the game, but one of my students does and I guess the dude who interrupted the Oceanic Air commercial is the fiance of an 815 flight attendant who is trying to get to the bottom of the crash. If you go to FlyOceanicAir.com there is an even longer commercial. What I get from the two commercials is that Oceanic Air planted an airplane in the ocean and said it was 815 and that there were no survivors. The guy in the commercial must have figured it out. Remember when Naomi said last season that they had recovered the plane and there were no survivors? How could they recover the plane if it's still on the island?

More questions...ugh

26. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 3, 2008

How do you know it is a man? I don't remember them saying anything about being male...