Lost

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by emmakate218, May 23, 2010.

1. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 23, 2010

Where are all the Lost fans? Are you ready for the finale? I have been watching since the first episode in 2004 and I can't believe a show I've watched for religiously for six years is coming to an end. :( It feels like a break-up. Ha ha.

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 23, 2010

It seems so surreal that it's ending today! I have been getting myself ready to be underwhelmed, so that I'm not disappointed by the ending. But, after the last couple episodes, I have a feeling it's going to be good. It's too bad that it's on Sunday night, though...I think I'm going to have to stay up to watch it, but then I'll be cranky tomorrow!

4. bros

bros Phenom

May 23, 2010

It should be gooood

5. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

May 23, 2010

I'm recording it, because of needing to get up early. I will watch what I can before I have to sleep, though! I can't believe it is ending.

6. teach1st

teach1st Comrade

May 23, 2010

I can't believe it is ending either! I was surprised they are ending it on a Sunday evening. I will be recording it as well. Any thoughts on whether Jack will be able to "protect" the island?

7. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

May 23, 2010

I'm pretty sad it's ending. I hope the ending isn't disappointing. I'm so excited.

8. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

May 23, 2010

Watching it with fellow LOST fans tonight. So excited! I'm coming into work late tomorrow so I won't be so cranky after staying up for Jimmy Kimmel Live after LOST.

9. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 23, 2010

I have watched every episode diligently. However, I feel like I have no idea what's going on this season. I've been sooooo busy that I've had to watch all the episodes really far apart and I forget what's going on.

Again, I have so much work tonight that I can't watch the finale until later this week.

I plan to avoid the net so I don't get any spoiler info :)

10. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 23, 2010

WARNING! My reply contains speculation that you may or may not want to read!

I think that Desmond is the one that is meant to protect the island. In the alternate storyline, Desmond is attempting to touch the lives of all the characters, just as Jacob did. It's interesting that Lockie/The Man in Black wouldn't kill Desmond himself and that there's this slight "mystery" surrounding his purpose for being brought back to the island. I also found it interesting that Jacob answered Jack's question, "How long do I have to do this for?" and Jacob's response was, "For as long as you can." I just don't think Jack will be protecting the island long-term.

I read an article yesterday about the alternatre storyline and apparently, a lot of viewers are wondering who the mother of Jack's son is. It didn't even occur to me to think it would be anyone other than Sarah (Jack's ex-wife). Some believe it may be Juliet. I never cared for her character...with Jack or with Sawyer. I can't understand how anyone was ever moved by her love story with anyone of them.

The big question I'm waiting to be answered isn't about anything regarding the mysterious island, but the love triangle between Kate, Jack, and Sawyer. Kate and Jack belong together.

I'm expecting to cry a bunch. :)

11. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 23, 2010

I think the finale was awesome. I was kinda worried that they would all end up going back to the island and it made me wonder how they would include Jack's son (born in the alternate storyline, never went to the island), Locke's wife, Helen, Penny, and everyone that never had anything to do with the island. I did not see Walt or Michael. What gives?! And how come Charlotte and Daniel weren't important for the meet up? What about Lapidus and Miles? No complaints. I just wonder why they left a few characters out of the meet-up.

12. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 24, 2010

[​IMG]

13. bros

bros Phenom

May 24, 2010

Walt and Michael were cut for time.

Charlotte + Daniel probably had the best times of their lives not on the island.

Same with Lapidus/Miles

14. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

May 24, 2010

Loved it.

15. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 24, 2010

I watched Jimmy Kimmel's Lost special last night and Harold Perrineau cleared this up and reminded the viewers that we already knew where he was - still on the island. He was "lost" on the island for his transgressions. A couple episodes ago, we learned that the whispers are from those "lost" on the island.

16. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

May 25, 2010

Spectacular episode... I shed a multitude of tears. It was spectacular...

17. maya5250

maya5250 Comrade

May 25, 2010

Me too.

18. Beverly

Beverly Comrade

May 28, 2010

I've heard other people complaining that characters like Boone & Shannon weren't significant to Jack. Well, maybe Boone alive wasn't significant, but he did die with Jack struggling to save him, which I would imagine would be one of the most important moments in Jack's life and character development. You couldn't say that same for Charlotte, Michael, Walt, etc. I saw Michael in the Jimmy Kimmel "alternate endings" :lol:

19. jen12

jen12 Devotee

May 28, 2010

I just found this thread, but I have to say I was so pleased with the finale, I watched it twice and bawled like a baby both times.

Shannon and Boone might not have been overly significant, but Shannon was certainly significant in Sayid's life, just as Penny was in Desmond's. That was enough for me to justify them being in that scene.

I thought it was a wonderful, wonderful way to end the show.

20. bros

bros Phenom

May 28, 2010

Shannon and Boone were there because the best time of their lives were on the island, as they both improved massively during their time on the island