Loss of voice in first year

Discussion in 'General Education' started by justwanttoteach, Jun 5, 2015.

1. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jun 5, 2015

anyone else struggle with loosing their voice in the beginning of the year? What are tricks to keeping from sounding like Minnie Mouse???
    :help::eek:

3. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2015

The closest I ever came was when subbing in a elem. PE class with no microphone, followed by a 7 hour retail shift where I ran the front end and thus was pretty much constantly talking. Even then, I just sounded a bit funny at the end of the day. Never came close otherwise.

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 5, 2015

I always notice this a little in the first couple days of school (I guess I don't do much talking home alone on my break! :) ). The only thing I do is make sure to drink lots of water!

5. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 5, 2015

I talk very loudly normally so I don't have too much of an issue. But right now I'm losing my voice a bit because I'm teaching all day, then giving tutoring then coaching swimming. I'm talking/yelling all day! Usually once I rest over the weekend I'm better by Monday. But the kids do tell me "you sound sick!" :)

6. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jun 5, 2015

I'm getting ready to teach summer school....I have students for 4hours a day 4 days a week for 4weeks...I'm nervous my voice will die on me..(it craps out in the begining of the year for a bit...I am not sure how the added 4weeks will effect me

7. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

Jun 6, 2015

I have seen some articles on this around the internet. If you can use a voice enhancement system, it might help. Otherwise drink lots of water...never yell unless it's an emergency...keep cough drops with you...

8. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2015

Happens to me every single year. My energy level is always amped up my first week and my voice takes the brunt of it. If it gets too bad I use my classroom mic system but mostly I just guzzle water and rest well each night.

9. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2015

Same thing with me except we don't have a microphone system. What makes it worse, my daughter plays sports and I use my voice for that, too, :eek::eek: