Losing my confidence

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mommyserenity, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 1, 2010

I figure he'll do something like email me at 11:30 or midnight to tell me I didn't get it in the hopes he can send it at an odd hour so I don't see it for a while.

I wish I could go just enjoy vacation, but it won't happen like that. I will be dragging my computer along to constantly search for jobs since my severance is almost up and I still have no job locked in. I must take mine so that I have access to my resume, letters of rec., etc...if I find anything to apply for while away. Plus, we'll be with my family and ALL they will talk about is have I heard anything yet from this job or that job....and have I looked here or there...blah blah blah. I really just want to crawl into a cave and not come out for days. :(

2. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Jul 1, 2010

:hugs: I hear you! This is how I have spend my last 3 summers, well 4 counting this summer which looks to be more of the same. I think this is it for me. If I don't get a certified job with the schools this year, I am going to see what other employment I can find in the area. It messes with your self-esteem SO badly. :(

3. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 1, 2010

I have already told my family that I do NOT plan to have to discuss why I can't seem to find a job the entire eight days of vacation. My concern is trying to schedule interviews while we are gone. Worst case is I have to leave my family at the lake, drive to Atlanta for a few days, and then go back to get them.

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 1, 2010

Go enjoy! Let them know you are on vaca and would love to schedule when you get back. If it is too much of an imposition for them, tell them that you will make it work and come back a little early from your vacation. Just enjoy. When someone brings up the job search, just smile and say... "Sore subject and I do appreciate your concern. I will just let you know that I am doing everything in my power to secure a position. Now, let's talk about YOU!"

5. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 2, 2010

Well, no email over night and nothing this morning via email or phone. what a jerk! Seriously! :mad:

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 2, 2010

ENJOY the trip Mommy! If it is meant to be, it will happen no matter where you are. I love the beaches along the coast of Georgia. I went to Jekyll Island once and had a wonderful time. I am partial to Hilton Head personally. Anyway, enjoy the trip. I just got back from my mini-vaca and I would not have traded a day of it!

7. collteach

collteach Comrade

Jul 2, 2010

Nothing upsets me more than a person who does not bother to contact interviewees and let them know one way or another about the job

Just tell your family that times are tough EVERYWHERE. In my area, there used to be teaching jobs available even into the beginning of the school year....they usually had 300 per year! This year, they had about 70 positions and almost all have been filled already!

Can you get a job as a substitute if you don't find full-time work? That is my back-up plan, because right now, I am holding on to hope that I will get an interview for a position that fits my graduate degree. If I don't get that, I am stuck with no job!