Losing a tooth

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by bethany1120, Aug 20, 2011.

1. bethany1120

bethany1120 Companion

Aug 20, 2011

What do you do for your students when they lose a tooth? It's such a big deal in Kindergarten and I feel like I've never enough to celebrate it in my class. Any ideas?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2011

In third grade, not too much. But in K, you could help kids make origami tooth envelopes, put a tally on the lost tooth chart...

4. Joy

Joy Cohort

Aug 20, 2011

I have seen teachers who keep track of who lost a tooth on a chart. They usually do it during calendar time. I haven't seen much more celebrating done though. If they lose it at school, they get to go to the nurse and get a necklace shaped liked a tooth to put it in. To tell you the truth, whenever I sub and a kid loses a tooth, it kind of grosses me out! I usually send them off to the nurse very quickly!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2011

My daughter's elemtary school has a big 3-D poster of a tooth in the hallway. Each year, any kid who has lost a tooth in school writes his name on a little tooth-shaped piece of paper (Oriental trading maybe???) and his or her name goes up on the board. They also get a little tooth-shaped carrier to use to bring the tooth home for the tooth fairy (or for mom and dad for the non-believers.)

See if anything here inspires you:
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/s...tk=all&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0&x=21&y=14

6. janney

janney Cohort

Aug 20, 2011

I send them to the nurse for a tooth brush and a sticker. One year she had little tooth sized plastic treasure boxes for them to put their tooth in. On the last day of school one student got one and they thought it was so neat that by the end of the day two more students had managed to pull their loose teeth because they wanted one too. :lol: