Looks like more subbing

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by jen12, Aug 23, 2011.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Aug 23, 2011

Got another email today from a school district telling me I wasn't even going to be interviewed. Good times.

I have the letters, I've done the LTS, I have a 4.0 in my teacher prep program. The only thing I don't have is a contract in my job history, which clearly, is what they're looking for.

On the upside, it looks as if the State of AZ has cashed the check I sent them for a reciprocal license. I'm cautiously taking that as a sign that everything is okay and they'll grant me the license. Unfortunately, it took so long to get through the bureaucracy that I've missed any chance of getting hired for the school year. And it looks as if the reciprocal license is only good for a year and then you have to do something else...not sure what happens if you're not hired in the state within that year. I guess I'll look into it when I have a confirmed status with the license.

So...I guess I'll be spending another year living in my mom's house and subbing. Again. Not the worst thing in the world. I'm grateful for her support...I just wish there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Joy

Joy Cohort

Aug 23, 2011

Persistance is important right now! I'm sure something will turn up. Maybe you can find something mid-year. If you just got a license for Arizona, try emailing schools and principals at any school you are willing to teach at. I'm not sure what your certification is in but I have seen several gen ed jobs get posted in my state within the last week and school has already started. I think enrollment was more than they expected. It might not be too late for you for this year!

It can be discouraging to get turned down for an interview. I have gotten so many turn down letters within the past two years that I could wallpaper an entire room! Try to stay optimistic!

4. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Aug 23, 2011

This made me laugh!!!!!!! And I sure needed that laugh too, after all of my rejection letters as well. Maybe I can use them to wallpaper my classoom when I FINALLY get one! LOL Maybe for my classroom reading center! :lol:

5. 12Souza

12Souza Rookie

Aug 24, 2011

Ill be doing the same, I just remind myself it could be so much worse lol

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2011

Be glad that they sent you a letter so that you know. Many places around me don't bother sending out turn down letters before or after interviews.

When you are subbing, really start thinking about things that teachers do that you love and why they do them. What is the research to support this or reasoning behind something. Not only will this reflecting make you a strong teacher but it will make you a stronger interviewer as well.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 24, 2011

I replied in the thread you posted in the Sub Teachers section. Again, I'm sorry you have to sub yet another yr, but that's great that you have a supportive mother. My parents have done very much the same for me while I've been subbing & going through grad school. :)