Looks like I get to start planning a trip to Europe!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peachyness, Dec 29, 2012.

1. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Mar 26, 2014

For our trip to Germany next year my must see list includes Dachau Concentration Camp and the Sleeping Beauty castle. A coworker who's been to England, Italy, France, and Germany said that Munich was by her favorite city and Dachau was one of the highlights of their last trip. We'll also try and do Nuremberg.

2. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 26, 2014

Peachy~expect Facebook to be flooded with pictures! :)

dgp~if I ever make it to Germany those two attractions are definitely on my list to make sure I see.

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 26, 2014

I was planning to go to the London summer Olympics & Paris, but that ended up having to be cancelled. I really want to attend the summer Olympics when it's in Japan! Still hope to go to London & Paris someday.

That's good to know!

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2014

We spent most of our time in and around Weisbaden Germany, because that were I was born. We stayed at hotel in the business section of Frankfurt, each night we would come back and just pick a different direction to go in the next day. We shopped in the Frankfurt Square. I wanted to see the kinder church there and while we were there I got on a church kick. The churches were beautiful on the inside. I was in awe of them all. We saw every Catholic church within a 100 miles of Frankfurt. There was a museum in Frankfurt that we went to because it held some artifacts that I had just studied about in college. (now I can't remember what they were) As far as tickets we just got the tickets as we traveled, mainly because we just did things on a whim. I will tell you though make sure when you get a tickets make sure that you are riding in the car you are supposed to be in. We got a ticket for being in a first class car when we only had a second class tickets. The police were very nice when they found out we were from the US and had no idea the differences in the cars. But they were even nicer when they found out we were from Texas. Their ideas of Texans were hilarious. They wanted to know if we rode horses everywhere and did everyone wear cowboy hats. They were even more impressed when we told them my husband used to ride bulls. At the time was when George Bush was being elected the second time. They wanted to know if we knew him. They still gave us a ticket, but cut the fine. Plus they could have given us two tickets since it was both of us. My husband was the official ticket "winner" and he only paid like 20.00 :lol:
    Oh if you go to Germany you have to eat from a street vendor at least once. We had the best bratworsts! Plus eat from a pastry shop in the train stations. OMG the food was amazing!!!!

5. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Mar 26, 2014

I hate planes and cruise ships. The only way I will get to Europe is if the build a bridge to it. Like if they connected Alaska to Russia, I would drive there or take a bus tour.

6. Glühwürmchen

Glühwürmchen Rookie

Mar 26, 2014

I went to Munich, Dachau and Neuschwanstein last year and I totally agree. Dachau has a lot of good information hanging up in the museum part. Walking around the camp was life changing. Neuschwamstein is incredibly beautiful - especially the outside. Hopefully you're there on a sunny day. Munich's great with a lot of stuff to do but keep in mind that it's a big city (I preferred the smaller villages).