Looking to Have a Classroom Pet This Year?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms. I, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 8, 2011

http://www.petsintheclassroom.org/

You can obtain a grant for the purchase of new pets, pet environments or pet food and supplies for existing classroom pets.

Incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 1990, The Pet Care Trust is a non-profit, charitable, public foundation. The purpose of The Pet Care Trust is to help promote public understanding regarding the value of and right to enjoy companion animals, to enhance knowledge about companion animals through research and education, and to promote professionalism among members of the companion animal community.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 8, 2011

Thank you for posting this. I wish they allowed high school teachers to apply for the grant, though. :(

4. MsDeb

MsDeb Comrade

Aug 8, 2011

LOVE this!!! I bought a fish tank and all the supplies for my classroom last year and got reimbursed for all of it!! For aquariums, they allow up to $150. It was so easy and they were quick to send me a check. One of my coworkers did it too! I totally recommend this if you want a pet for your room!

5. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Aug 8, 2011

:( AWWWWWW... I'm sad! It is only for K-6. I have a rabbit that is our classroom pet. He goes home with me every night and I bring him back in the morning. The kids LOVE him and he LOVES them! But the site is great becasue it provides lots of info on the various classroom pets. I added it to may favorites for future reference!! ;)

6. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Aug 8, 2011

I wish my school allowed class pets!

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 8, 2011

Oh wow!!! Cool! Spreading the word on this one!

8. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 8, 2011

I got this grant at the end of the school year! I love it! I have two guinea pigs in my class and their supplies can get expensive.